Citizen clock

Thread: Citizen clock

Citizen clock

I have been looking at a few Citizen wall clocks.

Anyone here have one ?

What`s the quality ?
    Accuracy ?
    Etc.

Any info please

Thanks
    For me it`s a time piece not jewelry.

Re: Citizen clock

Are you talking about one of those clocks with the smooth sweeping motion of the seconds hand?
    My watchmaker(who is a seiko and Citizen AD has a few and these remind me of an old electric clock with its sweep seconds hand

It is a citizen, the clock should run for years

Even cheap nasty clocks tend to be accurate and last for ages so I’d guess that as a Citizen it will perform even better.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In my experience wall-mounted clocks tend to last for decades but most of the time run fast, like 15-30 seconds per month. I have 7 wall clocks in my house, most of no-name pedigree, all run fast. The ones that run the fastest? The three Seiko-branded quartz clocks, +30 seconds/month. One is an older-style ticking sweep second hand flavor, two are the smooth sweep type. The one that runs closest to dead-on is a 35 year old wall clock with an American-made movement, it's good to around +10 sec/month and I have that one in the worst environment (garage). One of those two smooth sweep Seikos failed two years after purchase, likely it was a fluke but I was griped since it was the priciest of the wall clocks in the house.

The Citizen clocks will likely be OK but from what I can tell their prices are rather high for what you get. I looked at one myself since it resembled a chronograph I own (the Blue Angels world chrono). The reviews I could find were generally positive but a lot of gripes about the dials warping in high-humdity settings (like in a garage or a covered porch) since they were made of cardboard. Since I intended to put it in the garage I passed.

Just be prepared: it will likely be a very reliable clock but will be over-priced for what Citizen charges and won't keep to 4-6 sec/month you get with most quartz wristwatches.

Thread Information