• 5 Post By time_freak
  • 1 Post By AirWatch
  • 3 Post By norsairius

Thread: Citizen Promaster Blue Angels JY8078-52L

Citizen Promaster Blue Angels JY8078-52L

Name:  watch.jpg
Views: 17
Size:  1.79 MB

Hi All, hope everyone is doing well. I've had this watch for about a month and I wanted to share why I bought this watch and what I think about it so far. Believe it or not I sold a circa 2000 Omega Seamaster automatic white dial w/ skeleton hands to 1. put some money back in my pocket and 2. buy a more functional watch with a little more tech. As for #1 I would kept the watch if it wasn't for #2. The Omega had 3 sub-dials and skeleton hands which made the watch almost unreadable unless I studied where the hour and minute hands were located, to say nothing of the sub-dials which you could barely see. So I had silver skelentonized hands on a white backdrop and I simply could not read the time at a glance, but hey I had an Omega right???

Getting back to this watch, it is a night and day difference over the Omega in almost every way. The Omega was a tank on the wrist and had a movement (Cal 1164) that gained gained 7-10 seconds a day and for someone like myself who likes his watch to be as close the the atomic clock as possible this was a problem. I love everything about this model. Even if it doesn't sync it stays within a second of the atomic clock! The legibility speaks for itself and the technology within is amazing! The Omega was form over function but with this watch I've sacrificed nothing.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ewewew, AirWatch, GaryK30 and 2 others like this.

Re: Citizen Promaster Blue Angels JY8078-52L

Cool watch, congrats! I've been thinking about this one for a while now. Matter of fact, I just might've bought it at Macy's the other day, were it not for the sales associate's magical disappearance, to never reappear from behind the small counter after a promisingly friendly greeting when he saw me looking at the watch. So, I just left, not wanting to force the issue on a few hundred dollar impulse buy.

Wish you could post a lume shot of it.
    time_freak likes this.

Re: Citizen Promaster Blue Angels JY8078-52L

Name:  BE3667BD-A5B7-47F4-A76B-24A06B89DD48.jpeg
Views: 10
Size:  2.19 MB
    Quote Originally Posted by AirWatch View Post
    Cool watch, congrats! I've been thinking about this one for a while now. Matter of fact, I just might've bought it at Macy's the other day, were it not for the sales associate's magical disappearance, to never reappear from behind the small counter after a promisingly friendly greeting when he saw me looking at the watch. So, I just left, not wanting to force the issue on a few hundred dollar impulse buy.

Wish you could post a lume shot of it.
    Here is the lume shot. I love this color of lume, it’s so distinctive!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Citizen Promaster Blue Angels JY8078-52L

Congrats! It is a cool watch. I picked up the JY8070 variant recently and really like it! It’s definitely a big watch and I have fairly small wrists, but the lug to lug comes in at a surprisingly reasonable 49mm, which I confirmed with some help from a reddit user and again when I measured with some calipers after I got my watch but I neglected to grab a pic at the time.

The lume is pretty awesome and I like the way the digital screens light up too. A couple lume pics I grabbed:

And for anyone interested in replacing the strap, I confirmed that this watch has a more standard lug width of 22mm thanks to the handy card that Gnomon Watches included with a watch I ordered from them a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ewewew, GaryK30 and time_freak like this.

Thread Information