Citizen Quartz Water Resistant 100 Bezel Repair question
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jaliya48
  • 1 Post By Fergfour

Thread: Citizen Quartz Water Resistant 100 Bezel Repair question

Citizen Quartz Water Resistant 100 Bezel Repair question

I posted this to the watchmaker forum and wondered if it made more sense to post here among the Citizen fans. I wanted to know how a dive bezel like the one in this picture is assembled/replaced/repaired.

I guess I am curious about how one would troubleshoot this repair. The bezel turns smoothly and is not loose in any direction. The only problem with it is its appearance.

Would anyone be able to comment on this? Thanks,

Re: Citizen Quartz Water Resistant 100 Bezel Repair question

Hi all,
    So I opened up the watch to see what else I could do to get this watch up and running again. I think I would need to replace the Citizen 6100A movement. Can anyone confirm that I need a Miyota 6M02? As I was assessing the watch, I also discovered that the screw-down crown tube has pulled free as well. I did not attempt to unscrew it after I released the crown from the non-functioning movement.

The bottom line I am trying to figure out is whether this watch is worth reviving?

Hey there,
    You're correct in the replacement movement; a document I went through online says it's compatible. Keep in mind however that some DIY might be required to make the new movement stay in the case or the dial to fit the movement. Regarding the crown tube; is the portion of the tube that fits into the case smooth or threaded? If it's threaded, you can thread it back with some threadlock to keep it in. If it's a press-fit tube, you can press it back in with silicon sealant. Tools maybe necessary. It sounds like a fun project to attempt, I'd do it if I were you!:)
    FarmKid likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by FarmKid View Post
    Hi all,
    So I opened up the watch to see what else I could do to get this watch up and running again. I think I would need to replace the Citizen 6100A movement. Can anyone confirm that I need a Miyota 6M02? As I was assessing the watch, I also discovered that the screw-down crown tube has pulled free as well. I did not attempt to unscrew it after I released the crown from the non-functioning movement.

The bottom line I am trying to figure out is whether this watch is worth reviving?
    Do you have any prior experience tinkering with watches? Do you have tools? Have you tried a new battery?
    FarmKid likes this.

I've always changed out my own batteries. I bought a job lot on ebay along with a 21 piece tool kit just to do some experimenting about a year ago. I don't have a specialized bezel remover though. It has been fun taking them apart and "trying" to put them back together. There were 6 quartz and 6 mechanical, which has been interesting to compare. I have not invested any money above my initial investment except for one, a 1950s 23j Bulova missing a crown that I sent for servicing. Two of the quartz (Timex Expedition and a Rectangular Citizen dress watch) started up with a new battery. Two of the quartz are truly trash and not even worth an attempt because not only did the movement not work, the cases were trashed. I think this Citizen Diver pictured above has potential especially if I can find a replacement bezel insert. I totally bungled up two of the mechanicals, a Timex Self-Wind and an Elgin Sportsman (there is a click and clickspring somewhere in my house, probably still flying through the air!). None of these are worth a lot of money and I will probably give them away at some point.

Job-Lot Status
    Citizen CQ Dive 100M --In Progress
    Citizen CQ Rectangular --Works!
    Citizen CQ --Trash
    Seiko Quartz --Trash
    Timex Expedition --Works!
    Elgin Sportsman --Failed attempt.
    Timex Self-Wind --Failed Attempt
    Bulova 23J --Sent for Service
    Caravelle Set O Matic -- TBD
    Caravelle H2O Resist. -- TBD
    Guess Waterpro -- TBD
    Jubilee --TBD (cool case, but missing funky bracelet)
    Omega Seamaster
    Tissot T-12 Navigator World Time
    Longines Flagship
    Rado Starliner
    Bulova Astronaut
    Bulova Spaceview
    Bulova Lunar Pilot
    Zodiac SeaWolf

Thread Information