Citizen vs. Citizen
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By Barnaby'sDad
  • 1 Post By Slm643
  • 1 Post By Barnaby'sDad
  • 2 Post By Sugman

Thread: Citizen vs. Citizen

Citizen vs. Citizen

Just doing some mental gymnastics on a Saturday morning and I was wondering if anyone has owned a Citizen Promaster NY0081-10L and a Citizen Promaster BN0151-09L. Pros and cons, likes and dislikes? The Eco-drive is about $100 cheaper. I would probably put either one on a bracelet for a summer/travel beater. I'm currently using a Vostok Amphibian in that role and I'm just exploring other options. Thanks for any input and insight.
    Attachment 14195849
    Attachment 14195851
    Attachment 14195855
    (Borrowed images for the Citizens.)

I originally posted this query in Affordables and it was suggested that I may get some more responses here, so we will give it a try. TIA.

Re: Citizen vs. Citizen

The Eco-Drives are great watches. I've got two, including the BN0151. The big pluses for the Eco-Drive are the price, accuracy, and it's fairly light (to me). If you want the convenience of set it and forget it/accurate timekeeping...go with the BN0151. If you want a watch with personality...go with an automatic.

I tend to daily wear a Seiko SKX007, so I've got both the automatic and quartz/Eco-Drive bases covered. Whenever I eventually tired of adjusting the time every couple of days, I go back to one of my Eco-Drives. You really can't beat the price of the base Citizen Eco-Drive dive watches.
    redsport likes this.

I think between the two, but based on looks alone, I like the date only model! Also that Vostok is sweet! Now that I look a second time definitely the Eco-drive!

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk
    redsport likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Slm643 View Post
    I don't really no the difference between the two, but based on looks alone I like the date only model! Also that Vostok is sweet!

Functionally, the main difference is the movement. Automatic vs. Eco-Drive/solar.

You bring up a good point on the day/date thing. Personally...I like having the day and date on my Seiko SKX007. However, the day gives you one more thing that you have to adjust.
    Slm643 likes this.

Yes I have the same thing on a few of my watches I thought they had to have both day & date but visually I find I like just the date.. Also my only Citizen is date only, but a different style all together! A sporty chronograph.

I'd go with the EcoDrive. I don't like the crown on the left side (right handed), and for a grab-and-go watch not worrying about winding/resetting is nice. I have the BN0150 model (black). The BN0191 is a nice option if you're wanting blue on a bracelet (looks good on a strap, too).

BN0191
    Name:  IMG-1156.JPG
Views: 59
Size:  1.55 MB
    Name:  Blue Promaster.jpeg
Views: 58
Size:  867.9 KB

BN0150
    Name:  IMG-1058.JPG
Views: 52
Size:  1.20 MB
    Slm643 and redsport like this.
    The Theory of Relativity: How long an hour is depends on which side of the bathroom door you happen to be on.

Thread Information