Most Accurate Watch in The World
Like Tree51Likes

Thread: Most Accurate Watch in The World

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Once a.month I am in Times Square and always make a visit to the Citizen Boutique. Citizen marches to its own drum and I like the vertical integration of watches running from $100 to pieces like this AQ6021-51E Caliber 0100 w/ titanium band in excess of $7k. This is very different from the Grand Seiko move to separate GS from the rest of the brand only to confuse this by dropping Spring Drives into the Presage line. The Citizen boutique practices democracy in action with displays of the whole range plus Campanolas that are rarely seen outside Japan.
    They had the paper dial Chronomasters which sold out fast. So last visit they had the Calibre 0100 Eco Drive in titanium. In keeping with current trends it was the blue dial. I have seen pictures of the black dial and prefer its legibility but here's a couple of quick and dirties of the blue watch which is amazing in a stealth sort of way. The bracelet really spreads the weight so it feels really light. The accuracy is calibrated to +/- 1 second a year. The indices are very legible for precise time reading. The caseback displays this battery on steroids.
    Attached Images Attached Images

mpalmer, GaryK30, Kilovolt and 5 others like this.

Thank you for the post. Hopefully Citizen come to their senses and drop the cal. 0100 into regular production watches else they shan't recoup development costs.

Re: Most Accurate Watch in The World

Gotta respect what Citizen does with their upper end offerings, and the new standards for accuracy seem to be pushing the bar higher and higher. Not if a quartz watch is for me, but I certainly understand why many would opt for the Chronomaster or upper echelon Citizen offerings.
    HorologicOptic likes this.
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I don’t need that sort of accuracy but it certainly is a grand watch.

What I wish is that Citizen expands its line of GPS/Satellite watches. I also wish that they would make them in conventional lug widths. The first generation was integrated bands, the second one was 23mm lugged 9except for a Japan only model which is 22mm) and the current generation model has an integrated strap or metal band

The Seiko Astron is ether 22mm or 24mm lugged.

With a little more work Citizen can own this market as the Astron is crazy stupid over priced

But why place the world’s most accurate movement in the world’s dullest watch? The washi dial Chronomaster is a master piece and the most beautiful HAQ piece on the market (yes, including GS) and in all honesty, historic movement and all, I’d take it over the 0100. Citizen can do better than this if the Chronomasters can serve as an example. I’m not that interested with the current models housing the 0100 movements...but I’m very interested in its future.
    Omega: Aqua Terra 220.10.41.21.03.001 Grand Seiko: SBGV223, SBGV205 Seiko: Tuna SBBN015 Oris: Aquis, Pro Pilot Sinn: LE 556i Longines: Conquest V.H.P. G Shock: Too many...

Look nice.

Nothing spectacular, but another nice offering from Citizen, IMHO.
    "Either he's dead or my watch has stopped"
    Groucho Marx

"The only reason for time is so that everything does not happen at once..."
    Albert Einstein

Very cool to see one in person. I'm surprised they had washi paper dial Chronomasters. I was there in October hoping to see one and the sales rep said that they were sold out and Citizen in Japan wouldn't let them have any more. Hopefully he was wrong and they'll be regularly available. They did have a titanium Chronomaster with a more conventional dial, which was lovely, but unfortunately not what I was hoping to see.

Quote Originally Posted by Nokie View Post
    Look nice.

Nothing spectacular, but another nice offering from Citizen, IMHO.

Nothing spectacular ? Take this ...

Sent from my NOKIA 1011 using Takatuka ...

Greetings from Germany - harald-hans

BTW ...

Name:  WhatsApp Image 2020-02-07 at 19.09.30.jpeg
Views: 54
Size:  58.4 KB
    Sent from my NOKIA 1011 using Takatuka ...

Greetings from Germany - harald-hans

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information