NY009 in green inbound - Page 4
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: NY009 in green inbound

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Re: NY009 in green inbound

Looks great! I have been meaning to add a green dial to my collection. Have to add this to the list.

After a couple days with it on the wrist I'm very smitten. Other than the bracelet (I'm wearing it on a cheap black leather strap for now) I really don't have any complaints with it. The price premium is what it is, but for me it is well worth it.
    Bruno Stroszek likes this.
    On the wrist: Citizen Nighthawk, BN0151, BM8180, NY0099; Dan Henry 1963, 1972; Orient Mako II Pepsi; Casio AQ-230, PRW-60
    In the pocket: 1899 Hamilton 924, 1907 Illinois, 1939 Hamilton 912, Belair stainless

Quote Originally Posted by drooartz View Post
    After a couple days with it on the wrist I'm very smitten. Other than the bracelet (I'm wearing it on a cheap black leather strap for now) I really don't have any complaints with it. The price premium is what it is, but for me it is well worth it.
    Same here. I've got quite a few watches and never wear the same one for more than a day or 2, but I haven't taken this one of yet. I'm going to swap the solid ratcheting bracelet on my promaster eco-drive for this one, and Bob's my uncle.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And here we are! Everything arrived safe and sound, including the full kit and scuba box, and a stamped warranty card. Very happy with the service from Vincent Watches in Singapore, all was as advertised.

Initial impressions: I love the watch. Dial is lovely, bezel action is nice and positive. Bracelet is only so/so (pressed clasp, no ratcheting extension, no micro-adjust holes, but solid end links) but it's fine. Will likely go on a black rubber strap at some point as I'm not really a bracelet guy.
    Congrats. Looks great and I do like how they package the watch. Love the yellow accents against the green dial. Here is to you enjoying wearing it in the years to come.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Stroszek View Post
    Same here. I've got quite a few watches and never wear the same one for more than a day or 2, but I haven't taken this one of yet. I'm going to swap the solid ratcheting bracelet on my promaster eco-drive for this one, and Bob's my uncle.
    I'll be curious how that goes. I looked at using the one from my BN0151 but it didn't seem to fit.
    On the wrist: Citizen Nighthawk, BN0151, BM8180, NY0099; Dan Henry 1963, 1972; Orient Mako II Pepsi; Casio AQ-230, PRW-60
    In the pocket: 1899 Hamilton 924, 1907 Illinois, 1939 Hamilton 912, Belair stainless

Nice! Like the green. But $663 SGPD (around $450 USD) is crazy for a non-hacking watch with a mineral crystal. I could also do without the gold tone markers/hands.

Anyone know if this bracelet fits the legacy NY0040 models? Might try get one from Citizen if they fit.

I'll be curious how that goes. I looked at using the one from my BN0151 but it didn't seem to fit.
    Hi. You were right. The bracelet doesn't fit. Oh well, will probably get a wp leather strap.

Quote Originally Posted by mi6_ View Post
    Nice! Like the green. But $663 SGPD (around $450 USD) is crazy for a non-hacking watch with a mineral crystal. I could also do without the gold tone markers/hands.

Anyone know if this bracelet fits the legacy NY0040 models? Might try get one from Citizen if they fit.
    The price is a little silly, but I admit I was happy to pay it as I really like the green (and I do like the gold accents as well). Certainly not a financially sound decision, but then few watches in my price range are. :) May upgrade to sapphire some day (should be the same one the NY0040 uses as far as I know).

I'd expect the bracelet to fit the NY0040 -- as far as I know it's the same case. It's not much of a bracelet, though. Links is decent enough, but the clasp sucks and no micro adjust.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno Stroszek View Post
    Hi. You were right. The bracelet doesn't fit. Oh well, will probably get a wp leather strap.
    I've got mine on a black rubber dive strap now, with a brown leather ready to go when cold weather comes around.

The price is a little silly, but I admit I was happy to pay it as I really like the green (and I do like the gold accents as well). Certainly not a financially sound decision, but then few watches in my price range are. :) May upgrade to sapphire some day (should be the same one the NY0040 uses as far as I know).

I'd expect the bracelet to fit the NY0040 -- as far as I know it's the same case. It's not much of a bracelet, though. Links is decent enough, but the clasp sucks and no micro adjust.

I've got mine on a black rubber dive strap now, with a brown leather ready to go when cold weather comes around.
    Yeah nothing makes financial sense in this hobby. I certainly don’t “need” 15 watches.

Any chance you could post some pics of the bracelet with he solid end links and clasp? Does it have no micro adjust holes, or no ratcheting extension like the Citizen Prime/Excalibur Eco-Drive bracelets have?

My major concern with it fitting other models is where the lug holes are drilled. Citizen and other manufactures sometimes change these for some reason.

Quote Originally Posted by mi6_ View Post
    Yeah nothing makes financial sense in this hobby. I certainly don’t “need” 15 watches.

Any chance you could post some pics of the bracelet with he solid end links and clasp? Does it have no micro adjust holes, or no ratcheting extension like the Citizen Prime/Excalibur Eco-Drive bracelets have?

My major concern with it fitting other models is where the lug holes are drilled. Citizen and other manufactures sometimes change these for some reason.
    So true -- for the last 25 years I haven't "needed" a watch at all (or owned one). Now I have 10 or so..

Here's the bracelet. Solid end links, but no micro adjust on the clasp and no diver extension. No safety catch as well, and it's a pressed clasp. The links and end links are perfectly adequate, but the clasp is junk.

Name:  fugubracelet1.jpg
Views: 45
Size:  53.0 KB
    mi6_ likes this.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information