Brief Review of My First Citizen Watch - BL1230-52A
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kon Peki

Thread: Brief Review of My First Citizen Watch - BL1230-52A

Brief Review of My First Citizen Watch - BL1230-52A

Hi all, I'm a new member and thought I'd share some pics and brief comments about my new watch, a Citizen BL1230-52A.

In the past I've owned a few Casios and Seikos, but this is my first Citizen. I was looking for a relatively uncluttered, silver-colored watch (matching my wedding ring) with a 40-42mm case, reliable time-keeping, no need to change batteries, and a perpetual calendar. Citizen had just the model:

Size comparison with my Rolex Datejust:

The texture on the dial is a nice touch. Visibility depends on how the light hits it:

On my (roughly 7.5 inch) wrist:

So far, I love it. It's gained less than a second per week. The fit and finish are wonderful. Lume is a lovely bright and long-lasting blue. The included oyster-style band seems high quality and is very comfortable. The date window is a bit small and tunnelly, but I can make out the date well enough. My other nitpicks are that I wish it had a sapphire crystal instead of mineral glass and would feel more comfortable with the 100m water resistance if it had a screw-down crown, but then again I got a great price on this watch (display model) and can't really complain overall.

I'm still debating though whether I should have gone for a model with a chronograph instead such as the lovely BL5470-57L. I don't uses chronos, but they sure look cool. At any rate, my introduction to Citizen has left me impressed with the brand.
    Last edited by Kon Peki; August 17th, 2014 at 16:05.
    Igorek and ChiefWahoo like this.

Thread Information