Citizen 7, fake?

Thread: Citizen 7, fake?

Citizen 7, fake?

Hello all, first time watcher and total watch noob.

Just bought this watch on ebay for AUD $60, which price wise is good in my opinion but I'm not sure if it is a fake or not. At the end of the day, I'll survive if it is, I'm going on holiday and thought it better to have a cheap watch to check the time, than be flashing my mobile phone around and have it going in and then finally "out" of my pocket forever...

Wanted a vintage looking watch but didn't want to pay exhuberant vintage prices (because every watch I've ever owned, I've lost...) hence found the Citizen a good choice.

My concerns (after buying it) are...

- The luminous markers on the dial, but not luminous hands?

- The "eagle" looks fairly dull and the "7" not very clear?

- No makers/model information at the bottom of the face?

Any thoughts and your time is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Citizen 7, fake?

Citizen Eagles are entry level watches. That's not a knock on them, it's simply what they are (my everyday beater and traveler is a Seiko 5). I'm far from an expert on them, but I can't see someone going through the trouble to fake a $60 watch.

I do find the dial lume without hand lume moot though, but I've seen weirder.

Thanks mate. You're right about the trouble to fake the watch seeing its not a high end product. I actually looked at a Seiko 5, thought of going with that but it needed a new band and was AUD $70. I was looking at sub dial Croton and Wyler watches but they were minimum double what I paid and given my history with watches, I thought I should try something a little cheaper first and see if I can keep hold of it!

I did read somewhere that the Citizen 7 Eagle? was their version of the Seiko 5. Would you say the Seiko is a better built watch? They certainly have some very similar models.

Thanks again mate. Hopefully the watch will be as stated when it arrives.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by aussie_59 View Post
    I did read somewhere that the Citizen 7 Eagle? was their version of the Seiko 5. Would you say the Seiko is a better built watch? They certainly have some very similar models.
    Yeah, the Seiko 5, Citizen Eagle 7 and Orient 3 Star are the entry level automatics from the big 3 Japanese companies.

I can only compare the older Seiko 5s and Citizen 7s to each other, of which the Seikos seemed to be better quality for the money. The 5s are legendary for a reason. I've never seen an Orient 3 Star in person.

Thread Information