Citizen Men's CB0020-50E World Perpetual A-T Dress Watch
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Citizen Men's CB0020-50E World Perpetual A-T Dress Watch

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Picture Citizen Men's CB0020-50E World Perpetual A-T Dress Watch

This is my first solar watch, and my first radio controlled (aka "Atomic clock controlled"), and my first Citizen watch - so a first on many scales!

While I waited for it to arrive, I decided to do a bit of research on the Citizen website and I found that they have short online videos on how to operate different watches - much better than reading a "dry" instruction manual...and much easier to follow; here's the one for this particular watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7m9LtHoOng

So, I finally got the watch, followed the step by step instructions from the video and I was wearing my watch less than 10 minutes after I had opened the box! The watch itself is very nice looking, easy to read, clean lines, a bit on the big side (but that makes it easier to read, so a +)

I live in Northern VA, so I could not receive any radio signals during the day - but at night I left the watch on a window sill facing due West, and next day...voila! the watch had set itself to the correct time and day.

I really like this "set & forget" concept - and added plus is that you really do not have to worry about batteries, as long as you give your watch some sunshine! (or any other light source for that matter - LED lights work great!)

Overall, highly recommended! Now, I'm hooked on this technology! Check out the photos :

Name:  Citizen CB0020-50E World Perpetual A-T-6.jpg
Views: 4432
Size:  147.3 KB

Name:  Citizen CB0020-50E World Perpetual A-T-4.jpg
Views: 4350
Size:  82.4 KB

Name:  Citizen CB0020-50E World Perpetual A-T-5.jpg
Views: 4335
Size:  200.3 KB

Name:  Citizen CB0020-50E World Perpetual A-T 1.jpg
Views: 4344
Size:  137.7 KB
    "Other things being equal, simpler explanations are generally better than more complex ones"... Occam's razor

Re: Citizen Men's CB0020-50E World Perpetual A-T Dress Watch

It's a pretty watch. I have a Skyhawk, because I'm a slide rule nut.

It's nice having a watch that's this accurate. I'm often asked why I find this necessary, and here's my reason:

I work in IT, and the computers I work with need to have accurate time in order to authenticate with each other Technically, they need to have the same time as each other, but in practice the easiest way to use that is to set up a time server and have their clocks absolutely, rather than relatively, correct.

Occasionally, we get authentication issues on a computer. The easiest way I have to diagnose whether the issue might be caused by the time synchronisation service failing, is to open the desktop clock on the computer and compare it with my watch. If they look like they're matching seconds, it's right, and I can look elsewhere. This saves me a bunch of time, and is only possible because my watch is bang on.

Enjoy your A-T. It's a lovely bit of kit.
    Ahriman4891 likes this.

Brianetta, thank you for your comment. So far it's one of my new favorite watches. I really like that it sets itself up to the latest second via the radio signal, so I always have an accurate timepiece (!) I measure it, once in a while against the site: "time (dot) is" to check on the accuracy, so far is right on the money (!) Another "old fashioned" way of checking the accuracy is through SW radio and looking for your local time signal (all the beeps, and long beeps on the minute) - might be old but it still works. Enjoy your Skyhawk, cheers!
    ma678 likes this.
    "Other things being equal, simpler explanations are generally better than more complex ones"... Occam's razor

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have using this watch on bracelett last year, and it was my favourite EDC. Great watch - tough and good looking !

[QUOTE=estevezj777;8391330]This is my first solar watch, and my first radio controlled (aka "Atomic clock controlled"), and my first Citizen watch - so a first on many scales!

I live in Northern VA, so I could not receive any radio signals during the day - but at night I left the watch on a window sill facing due West, and next day...voila! the watch had set itself to the correct time and day.

I really like this "set & forget" concept - and added plus is that you really do not have to worry about batteries, as long as you give your watch some sunshine! (or any other light source for that matter - LED lights work great!)

Overall, highly recommended! Now, I'm hooked on this technology! Check out the photos :
    /QUOTE]

Mine says hi.
    Name:  IMG_1436.jpg
Views: 4163
Size:  159.0 KB

Congratulations on your new watch. I have the model with the metal bracelet and have had it for about 1 1/2 years. It is just totally reliable. I don't wear it all that much, not because it is not a great watch but because I have too many watches. So this one sits on the mantle above the fireplace where it syncs every morning and then I use it as the reference for whatever watch I am wearing that day.

When I travel, it is my travel companion, especially when I go bi-coastal. It is fun to see it adjust to the different time zones. The only thing I don't like about it is the bezel with the time zones. I prefer a less busy watch and in fact have flipped several world time Citizens with all the little extra hands that I would never use, even though they were great watches. I do wish it had an anti-reflective coating on the crystal but for the price, I guess we are fortunate to have sapphire.

I do like the size, the hands, and the ease of reading in any environment. The lume although not fantastic is useable and I have never had a problem telling the time in the middle of the night.

Anyway, enjoy your new watch. It is a lot of bang-for-the-buck!

Be well,

AZ
    "There is an art to flying, or rather a knack. The knack lies in learning how to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Clearly, it is this second part, the missing, that provides the difficulties."
    Douglas Adams Life, the Universe and Everything

AZ,

Thanks for your note. I decided to change the bracelet for a rubber strap (I find it a bit more comfortable, especially if the weather is hot & humid.)

My collection centers on GMT or multiple time zone watches - I really like this one, and I rotate every week, so all of them get to the light of day (!)

Regards.

Banned

I bought one used a few months ago and it is one of my favorites. I don't care for metal bracelets too much because they are difficult to adjust and make the watch too heavy for me. But easily swapped out with a nato strap and it's nice to be able to switch the color on a whim.

I am very happy with and looks like a well-made watch with great technology. Enjoy!

Citizen CB0020-50E by fwulfers1, on Flickr

bigup likes this.

Thanks, I agree! It's one of my favorites.

Thanks, it looks great on those straps, my favorite is the black/grey. Regards.

Mine says hello :)

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk
    estevezj777 likes this.
    2014 New Watches.

G Shock G-1400-1A3
    G Shock Green GWX-8900-3 G-Lide Tide Graph
    G Shock GD-120CM-5DR
    G Shock GA-400-1ADR
    Tissot PRC 200 T055.427.17.057.00
    Laco Augsburg Blue Limited Edition
    Seiko Solar Chronograph - SSC243P