Citizen Nighthawk AT4110-55E review

Thread: Citizen Nighthawk AT4110-55E review

Citizen Nighthawk AT4110-55E review

I picked up a Nighthawk A-T a couple of weeks ago in the US on sale for about $350.

Pros:
    • I love the atomic clock sync. I live on the side of a steep hill which blocks many radio signals, but the watch is able to sync with Ft. Collins each night.
    • Build quality is great
    • Bracelet is very nice
    • Instead of a timing wheel like on a diver's watch, this watch has a rotating wheel underneath the crystal. I prefer this to the diving watch style.
    • Eco-Drive is amazing. On a full charge, it apparently will run for 10 months.
    • Perpetual calendar is cool

Cons:
    • Top complaint: it's hard to read. With 3 subdials, and rather skinny hands, it's just not a watch I can glance at to get the time. Feedback for Citizen: make an easy to read watch such as a Pilot that also syncs with Ft. Collins. No chrono, no day of week, no alarm, just time & date.
    • The glow-in-the-dark paint is not bright. I won't be able to tell the time in the middle of the night if I wear it to sleep.
    • Very complicated to operate. You'll need to read all of the manual and refer to it often.
    • Lots of extraneous text on the dial, such as "Perpetual Calendar" and "Radio Controlled, Sapphire, WR 200". This isn't necessary and clutters up the dial.

Re: Citizen Nighthawk AT4110-55E review

Unreal. I was just going to pull the trigger on one of these but was concerned about the busyness of the face. Thanks, you answered my concerns and its back to the shopping cart. Trouble is for the money Citizen gives you a nice timepiece.

Re: Citizen Nighthawk AT4110-55E review

I've done a lot of research since making this purchase. You can in fact get radio controlled watches with simple dials. However, they're not easy to find in the US, where I'm located. These lines are worth a look: Citizen Attesa, Seiko Brightz, and Seiko Spirit. I usually go to the main Japanese site for each company, translate with Bing, and then see all the watches available for the Japanese Domestic Market (JDM). I then find a model number I like and search Amazon and eBay for it. I haven't bought one yet, but I see a few I really like.

Maximilan (Germany) also makes simple radio controlled watches.

To translate with Bing, just right-click on a page while using IE and choose "Translate...".
    Last edited by ti61212; June 26th, 2014 at 05:19.

Thread Information