Citizen quality
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Citizen quality

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Citizen quality

I think Citizen quality is lower than Seiko. sorry guys I am saying this after buying 11 Citizen watch.
    one watch arrived faulty and I send it back for a refund. Another, the bracelet broken, I never even wore
    it a single time. the Citizen sapphire glass look a bit cloudy then Seiko.

Re: Citizen quality

My experience has been different: I have 9 Citizen watches currently and all have been of exceptional quality at every price point: from the BM6400 (which ironically is one of the most accurate non-external corrected watches I have - it gains about 1 second every 6-8 weeks in warmer months) to the CC3020, they have proven ultra reliable and well built with 1 exception: a BL-8097 52E which went cactus after I left it out in the Sydney summer sun a few years ago... (at just on 43 degrees C, or 110F). And that was fixed under warranty, no questions asked by Citizen, which was a good total ownership experience.

I have no doubt that some faulty Citizen watches do sneak past factory QC into the wider world, and the internet grey market adds another layer of raffishness into the equation. But from what I have seen, in every price bracket, Citizen and Seiko are on par. And that is not a bad thing at all.
    jkpa likes this.

Citizen watches are definitely on-par with Seiko. Mechanically speaking, both brands are extremely solid. It really just comes down to personal taste. Both Citizen and Seiko have unique appearances. Personally, I adore Citizen's Eco-Drive models and at the end of the day I would take a Citizen Eco-Drive model above a Seiko automatic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Torbjorn likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I do find for mechanical watches Citizens are better regulated out of the box.
    Torbjorn likes this.

Citizen has some catching up to do. That said, they are well on their way.

Here: gw-5000B-1jf, 16600, 30-st-135.003 | Gone: gw-5035a-1jf,
    sbbn025, 16660, 16600 (2), 14060, 16610, 16570 polar, 16570

New to citizen. Have a couple of Eco Drive chronographs. Nice designs and after 3 months only, running great.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

I have a Citizen EcoDrive (BM6401-58E) and I am amazed at the build quality. It has an excellent bracelet with solid links including end links. The clasp and double lock mechanism is a fine piece of engineering and is far superior to those found on Seiko's in a similar price range. It currently runs at 5/ SPM. If it had a sapphire crystal it would be hard to top
    Name:  Various items nov 2016 009.jpg
Views: 4671
Size:  2.60 MB
    jkpa, GreenHex and EpochClock like this.

I have my first Citizen arriving tomorrow, the titanium AT4010-50E Eco Drive with radio controlled time. Overall the reviews are stellar, HOWEVER, for this watch style (stainless steel and titanium versions) the reoccurring quality complaint is about the breaking 'permanent' pins in the bracelet... in the case of the titanium version cannot be repaired and the replacement bracelet from an AD costs more than a new watch of the same model can be found on-line. It is one thing to have a flimsy bracelet but an entirely different matter if the bracelet is prone to breaking. Any experience if this bracelet issue is fundamental to Citizen?
    Citizen Eco Drive Atomic Time AT4010-50E · Bulova UHF 96B230 Military · Gavox Aurora 446.1 ·Rolex GMT Master II 116710 BLNR · Orient Professional Saturation Diver

Check the Citizen Signature line. Fit and finish well above SARB from Seiko. I find Citizen watches to be very good and definitely on par with Seiko. Love both.

Seiko do offer factory refurbishing of their watches, trying to make the watch look as new as possible.

In my recent contacts with Citizen, they say that they don't offer this, only replacement of parts?

This is an area where Citizen should up their game! I'll start a thread about it here.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information