Just ordered my 2nd Citizen Watch Citizen BY0100-51H
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Just ordered my 2nd Citizen Watch Citizen BY0100-51H

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just ordered my 2nd Citizen Watch Citizen BY0100-51H

I have just ordered myself the Citizen BY0100-51H from an Authorised UK supplier for the best price I could find in the UK.
    In the U.S. they retail much cheaper but with shipping, import costs etc I didn't want to risk anything in terms of a huge customs bill and the possibility of having to send it back if faulty etc.

That aside, I am really looking forward to owning this watch. It's a Christmas gift to myself.
    The pictures on the web do not do this watch justice so watching the Citizen Youtube video cemented my decision as it showed the hi-def close up details of the watch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njvL9ANP79w

I've only recently acquired a Citizen AT2205-01E which I bought for the Eco-Drive peace of mind and most importantly I loved the all black stealth look!
    Plus with the promo that was going on at the time I got an additional 6th year warranty! Result!

I shall be reviewing the watch on arrival and having owned many solar/atomic G-Shocks in the past, I shall be making some comparisons.

Can't wait for the postman to arrive on either Monday or Tuesday next week!
    Garrard Automatic 9ct Swiss Movement
    Rotary GS03351
    Casio Phys STR-300
    Citizen AT2205-01E
    Seiko SRP475K1
    Citizen BY0100-51H
    Casio EFM-100D-1A4VDF
    G-Shock GW-M5610-1ER

Re: Just ordered my 2nd Citizen Watch Citizen BY0100-51H

2nd Citizen? And where's the problem? I have 22 of them and I am always looking for more ...

Apart from jokes congrats for your choice and remember something that quite a few users tend to forget: never leave your Eco-Drive's in a drawer for an extended period of time, when not in use leave them in a place where they can get some light every day - their rechargeable batteries provide a much longer lifespan if kept always topped up.

I have 30 solar watches and I keep them all aligned on the shelves of a bookcase facing a window: none of them has ever given a problem or showed a low charge and a few of them have some 15 years of age.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilovolt View Post
    2nd Citizen? And where's the problem? I have 22 of them and I am always looking for more ...

Apart from jokes congrats for your choice and remember something that quite a few users tend to forget: never leave your Eco-Drive's in a drawer for an extended period of time, when not in use leave them in a place where they can get some light every day - their rechargeable batteries provide a much longer lifespan if kept always topped up.

I have 30 solar watches and I keep them all aligned on the shelves of a bookcase facing a window: none of them has ever given a problem or showed a low charge and a few of them have some 15 years of age.
    Thanks for the tip.
    I keep my other Eco-Drive on a bookshelf too although facing flat. However it gets a regular top up when I wear it to work and if I'm at home and it's nice and sunny I will often put it where the sun can shine on it.

I had 13 G-Shock Solar/Atomic watches at one time but sold them all as I got a bit bored of owning them. Having 22 must be like owning a pet with all the attention you give them...lol
    It is addictive though!
    Garrard Automatic 9ct Swiss Movement
    Rotary GS03351
    Casio Phys STR-300
    Citizen AT2205-01E
    Seiko SRP475K1
    Citizen BY0100-51H
    Casio EFM-100D-1A4VDF
    G-Shock GW-M5610-1ER

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just bought one of these last week. Really like it, beautiful dial. I was interested in the Red Arrows Limited Edition version but the best price I could find here in Toronto was over $1,000.00. I was able to pick this one up for $450.00CAN. Absolute steal!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have around 80 Citizens...
    dan55 and Mil6161 like this.
    Hello.

"I have an alibi"

"Watches to me are a hobby, not an ideology."

"I think one way our society fails people is by pretending (in education, religion, and law) that we're all rational beings, rather than messed-up monkeys wearing clothes." - SB

I love mine! Congrats on the new watch!

Just picked up two tone version (BY0106-55H) of this watch. I was surprised to see it is missing few cities that were there on my skyhawk. Does anyone know if that will be a problem to use another city in same time zone while traveling?

Quote Originally Posted by solarforever View Post
    Just picked up two tone version (BY0106-55H) of this watch. I was surprised to see it is missing few cities that were there on my skyhawk. Does anyone know if that will be a problem to use another city in same time zone while traveling?
    It's the time zone that counts not the city. If in Europe you find Paris, Rome, Berlin, Vienna, Madrid and Amsterdam or just Paris the time is still GMT + 1

It's the time zone that counts not the city. If in Europe you find Paris, Rome, Berlin, Vienna, Madrid and Amsterdam or just Paris the time is still GMT + 1
    But different cities in same time zone use different SMT/STD schedule. So we have to make sure to set the SMT/STD in Manual, right? I am not sure how the watch will know that, most likely it will adjust based on the city you selected, no?

For example, If I am in Athens or Istanbul, I would have to choose Cairo (CAI) as the city. But CAI has different summer time schedule than Athens or Istanbul.
    Am I making this too complicated? Or I just pick Cairo and set the STD/SMT to Manual.

Well the best solution if you live in or frequently travel to an area with mixed SMT times is to keep the relevant switch in the manual position. Remember that in any case a radio controlled watch has no means of knowing where it is located at the moment of reception.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast