Location of radio antenna in Citizen watches - important notice for owners!

Thread: Location of radio antenna in Citizen watches - important notice for owners!

JML

Just a note to owners of Citizens with radio settings. Check your movement's manual for the location of the antenna, in case you're not getting a successful automatic check at night (2 or 3 am). The antenna should be oriented towards the transmitter (in the US, that's in Colorado).

For example, on the H650, the antenna is located by the 6 on the dial, but on the H800 the antenna is by the 9. On Casios with a radio check, the antenna is apparently always (or most often) located at the 12. Which is where I assumed the antenna was on the Citizens, and because I hadn't pored over every single line in the manual, I wasn't getting a successful check on the H800 watch until I moved it to face the right way at night.
    ** Aérowatch Pilot Chronograph ** Casio Edifice EQSA500B-1AV ** Casio Edifice EQW-A1200RP-1AER ** Casio Oceanus OCW-T2600L-1AJF ** Centric Lightwell Chronograph ** Casio ProTrek PRW2500-1A ** Citizen AT4008-51E ** Citizen AT8020-54L ** Filson Mackinaw Chronograph 11000310 ** G-Shock GW3000BD-1ACR ** Limes Cartouche ** Limes Nightflight Vintage Black ** Maratac SR-35 DLC-X1 ** Seiko Seiko SRPA21 PADI Mod ** Seiko SRP777 Mod ** Sinn 356 Flieger ** Stowa Flieger Classic 40 HW ** Traser P6506 Commander **

Re: Location of radio antenna in Citizen watches - important notice for owners!

I had trouble with my eco drive thinking it was at 12 when in fact its located at 6 no probems at all now in South Wales Britain.

Good info JML. I have been very impressed with the signal strength from my citizen thus far. I'm in Indiana and I get a strong signal every day from Fort Collins. I have traveled around the midwest and stayed in hotels with the watch in various orientations on the dresser and still recieved a HIGH signal strength reading. If you get a less than stellar strength, you may also try locating your watch away from electronics at night or even near a window. Various watch locations and weather can have a play on signal strength as well as the antenna orientation. Only twice have I recieved a signal below HIGH and it was a MED signal strength. Love atomic watches! Dead on time that never needs a reset!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I am luck where i live,only 700 miles away.My Citizens sync up resting in there watch box.
    Mike

I live in Quebec, travelling from Montreal to Sherbrooke every so often and in Montreal I can rarely manage to get a signal. If I ever do get a signal, it's low, and it takes ~15min to sync.
    Whereas in Sherbrooke, I sleep with my watch on every night and it manages to sync properly, receiving anywhere from low to medium signal strength (actually, last night while on my wrist it managed a high signal strength and I was very surprised this morning!)

The receiver in mine is at the 6:00 position, and the distance between the transmitter (in Fort Collins) and my position varies between approximately 1800mi-1900mi (2900km-3050km). To be completely honest, when I bought it, I was sure the function wouldn't work in the first place! Needless to say, I was very happy to find that it works!

Quote Originally Posted by Quicksand10 View Post
    I live in Quebec, travelling from Montreal to Sherbrooke every so often and in Montreal I can rarely manage to get a signal. If I ever do get a signal, it's low, and it takes ~15min to sync.
    Whereas in Sherbrooke, I sleep with my watch on every night and it manages to sync properly, receiving anywhere from low to medium signal strength (actually, last night while on my wrist it managed a high signal strength and I was very surprised this morning!)

The receiver in mine is at the 6:00 position, and the distance between the transmitter (in Fort Collins) and my position varies between approximately 1800mi-1900mi (2900km-3050km). To be completely honest, when I bought it, I was sure the function wouldn't work in the first place! Needless to say, I was very happy to find that it works!
    I live in Quebec city and my Skyhawk Blue Angels can manage to get a signal almost every night if I let it by the window. Since a couple of week, it's a strong signal every night..winter??

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I'm on hte South shore of Montreal and I get a signal almost every night. I made a shelf for eco 1 atomic watches near the window :)
    [IMG]file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/user/Bureau/Photo%20temp/resized/Tsunami%20wave%20II_500x93.jpg[/IMG]

An old post, but comes up on a 'google' of 'location of aerial on a Citizen', so for future users, if you have a Citizen JY0075-54E, the aerial is located at the '9' position!

Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

The antenna on H610 is also located at 9 position.

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

Thread Information