My first watch!

Thread: My first watch!

My first watch!

So it's Father's Day and we went into the local Kay jewelers to try and fix my son's digi watch who's spring bar came off. The citizen nighthawk CA0295-58E, caught my eye and I couldn't stop staring at it. Anyways we left and I kept googling this watch and just wanted it. So we went to the Marine Corps exchange and took advantage of their Father's Day sale and it was mine for $258.

Before this I've only ever used g-shocks, garmins, and this one fossil I got for Father's Day 2007. On my (single income, military) budget there was never room for such luxuries but I splurged and boy am I glad I did.

The watch is beautiful. I still can't stop staring at it. I find myself checking the time for no reason and 'timing' things just to admire the chronograph.

So, from a first time 'Nice' watch owner, here's my review;

Cons;
    Lume sucks on this thing, no way around that. It's very dim and only lasts a short period of time.

Color scheme does NOT go with everything, infact it DOESNT go with most things.

In certain lighting conditions, it's hard to see the 'minute' tick marks (the actual 60 minute marks). You can definitely tell what time it is by the proximity of the minute hand to whatever number, but the actual 'minute' ticks (I.e. 7:32 vs 7:33) sure hard to see sometimes.

Can't tell yet but if the finish scratches, it going to be unsightly.

Pros;
    Absolutely beautiful for the money! It's definitely subjective, some might find it hideous, but it's my taste and all the different shades of greys and blacks come together SO well, ESPECIALLY in broad daylight.

The all black band looks amazing. It almost looks like it's actually black and not coated. Definitely quality coating.

Although the Lume sucks the hands are coated ( or painted) in such a way that as long as there is the SLIGHTEST bit of light (even just the microwave time) it will reflect and you will definitely be able to tell the time.

Conclusion: it's my cup of tea, I detailed the cons for others, but I love the watch.

My first post, first watch purchase, and I'm hooked, looking forward to birthday or x-Mas for my next watch (need a silver one, as this one doesn't go well with most things). Live the community.

Till next time
    Last edited by Elpimpo; June 15th, 2014 at 22:48.

Re: My first watch!

OK, Ok ... gotta do pix - Let's see it!
    • Seiko Automatic DX 6106-8899T (My first heart-throb watch)
    • Timex Expedition
    • Citizen Eco Drive Chronograph AT0840-03E
    • Citizen Eco Drive Calibre BL8000-03A (Current heart-throb)

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your new Citizen!
    "The stuff that dreams are made of…" - RGM ‘801 EE Motor Barrel’

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by philhughes View Post
    OK, Ok ... gotta do pix - Let's see it!
    I second that! Love the Nighthawk, let's see it in all of its beauty!
    -TWS
    ​Tag/ follow us on instagram! @thewatchsnobs

Name:  14243896369_16e3ef98bd_m.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  40.8 KBName:  14243896369_16e3ef98bd_m.jpg
Size:  40.8 KBHeres the pic.
    Name:  14243896369_16e3ef98bd_m.jpg
Size:  40.8 KB
    I have since decided to return this beautiful watch and am now searching for something with tritium and non-metal band

Thread Information