My New Citizen BL5250
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By kpc001

Thread: My New Citizen BL5250

My New Citizen BL5250

My wife got me a Citizen BL5250 for Fathers Day. Here are a few pictures I took tonight. I'll also provide a few thoughts on the watch after a day and a half of wrist time. Let me say up front...I'm a fan.

Name:  IMG_3216.JPG
Views: 2253
Size:  96.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3220.JPG
Views: 2036
Size:  80.1 KB

Name:  IMG_3221.JPG
Views: 1892
Size:  71.4 KB

Name:  IMG_3228.JPG
Views: 1997
Size:  94.1 KB

Name:  IMG_3225.JPG
Views: 1886
Size:  34.5 KB

The watch has all of the features that I find attractive. It's a dive watch, rotating bezel, big numbers and easy to read. The dial is not terribly reflective. It has a very light waffle pattern to it that I only see in direct light. The black dial with white numbers provides a great contrast.

This is a titanium case and bezel. It's very light and easy to wear. The watch is about 43mm, but appears bigger on my wrist. You wouldn't think so with the highly polished bezel acting as a limiting frame for the size of the watch, but I think the black dial and white numbers make it look bigger.

The strap is leather, but very comfortable. It is thick and has good padding. Sometimes I have a devil of a time getting a strap to fit comfortably, but this one fit comfortably immediately. I find that the strap could be a few millimeters longer for aesthetics, but the fit is great.

As with all my Citizens, the second hand hits the mark on each minute marker on the dial. Just Citizen's way of announcing their attention to detail, I guess.

The lume. Citizen blue, and it charges in a hurry. I had the watch at an outdoor event last night, and the charge lasted well past midnight (it went through being charged in the afternoon and lasted the evening and late into the night...very impressive).

I have two Signature Series Citizens, and this model compares favorably with them at a quarter of the retail price. This is a great addition to the collection.

One thing: beware the Citizen website and the instructions they have associated with the watch. This is the e820 calibre, and the instructions on the website are not for that calibre.

I hope this short review contained some useful information.

Thanks for looking.
    Strokes1251, Morteza and bardemir like this.

Re: My New Citizen BL5250

Congrats! Wear it well. Wondering if the angle of the date window is bothersome? Nice watch, even thought the bezel is polished it has a bit of a military look to it, bet it wears well with a nato - that's a comfortable strap!

The angle of the date window isn't a problem for me. It would be nice if it was a bit larger, but it is still easy to read. It would look good on a black or grey NATO.

Sent from my KFJWA using Tapatalk 2

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Is that a sapphire or mineral crystal glass?

Nice watch by the way. That titanium bezel is the most polished I can ever recall ever seeing Titanium be.
    Watches Omega Speedmaster 3520.50 - SEIKO 5 SNZF15J1 Pepsi Diver - Orient Bambino V2
    Casio Pathfinder PAW1100T Tissot Le Locle T41142333

Delmarco, I believe it is a mineral crystal. The anti-reflective coating is very good, and the dial is very legible. I agree with you on the titanium. I'm used to seeing titanium having a more subdued and brushed look to it. This is very bright.

Congrats Mate, Nice watch with beautiful leather strap.

It would look great on a Isofrane band. MAD

Thread Information