New Citizen AT4008 date not syncing correctly

Thread: New Citizen AT4008 date not syncing correctly

New Citizen AT4008 date not syncing correctly

Hello all. I am a long time lurker, new member to WUS. I just love the amount of knowledge on the board. I just received the Citizen AT4008 yesterday and was thrilled with it. When I got it, the date was on the 12th. I figured that the watch hasn't been used in awhile, even though the automatic radio sync should technically correct the date. I manually set the date and this morning, I found that it was set back to 12. I manually set the date again, making sure the day and month were correct, then manually synced it. The date was adjusted back to 12! I am wondering if there is some fix to this; if it is a common issue; or should I just return the watch. Thanks ahead for the responses and I plan on being a long time active member on the site!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lightbulb Re: New Citizen AT4008 date not syncing correctly

I think, the best plan is:
    1. read user's manual;
    2. set hands to zero;
    3. set year, month and day;
    4. set time.

Re: New Citizen AT4008 date not syncing correctly

I left my watch on the dash of my car to let it charge for the last few hours, thinking that maybe this might be a battery issue, even though the power reserve reads medium. I thought that the battery might be an issue because the seconds hand freezes periodically for 2-3 seconds. After the freeze, it does not jump to the appropriate hand, but it just goes on to the next tick mark like it didn't skip a beat. After charging it is still doing that. Now to solve the date problem, I set all hands to 12 and reset the month and year. After syncing, the date still goes back to 12 for some reason. Any thoughts?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: New Citizen AT4008 date not syncing correctly

Two days ago on the 26th, the watch synced to 12. Yesterday on the 27th, it synced to 13. Today on the 28th, it synced to 14. I even tried changing the month and year to see if that would get it out of the incorrect syncing, but it didn't help.

Thread Information