RED ARROWS! The skyhawk has been hit by an arrow... and this is what it looks like!
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: RED ARROWS! The skyhawk has been hit by an arrow... and this is what it looks like!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RED ARROWS! The skyhawk has been hit by an arrow... and this is what it looks like!

This is the Red Arrows Skyhawk! Available in Europe and not sold in the USA.

First off, I am not going to review the Skyhawk. There are many reviews on the internet. I will review the differences between this model and the other versions.
    This will be the FIRST public appearance of this version that is not pictured in an advertisement (at least I could not locate any pics).

I think i will let the pictures do the talking. The concept of this watch is Red on Black, opposed to the other version-yellow, white, and orange on black. Other differences will have the words "Red Arrows" and "Royal airforce" with a very small red dot and white circle enveloping the dot located under the citizen ecodrive logo and the back of the watch is the royal airforce crest... Very nice touch!

Everything else is the same. It even lists the USA as a sync zone. (and yes, it does sync in the usa)

Now the Red arrows has 3 versions available.

1. On a leather strap- Mineral Crystal
    2. On steel strap- Mineral Crystal
    3. On a Titanium strap-- Sapphire Crystal

The differences between my version (Titanium) and the others is the casing and strap is made of Titanium. The ring is actually a red shiny outline opposed to the black of the other 2. Also, the work "Titanium" appears under the UTC portion making it more prominent. Unlike the Blue angels, which appears under the digital read out.

Yes, you read that correctly. The Titanium is the only version that includes a Sapphire crystal. I have contacted Citizen Europe and they will not replace the mineral crystal of the other 2 with a sapphire. If you get a scratch, you can only replace it with a mineral crystal. This is NOT a good thing. I contacted USA citizen, however, the watch is not in their database, so they could not give me an answer. They just said mail it in. So you can take your chances with that if you like...

Some people said it is hard to read in dim lighting. I would agree. Should this put you off of this watch? No, because I believe it just is a characteristic of this watch. Well, onto the pictures! Mind you, I am not a perfect photographer...but these will give you an idea....

In comparison of my 3 skyhawks.

Name:  IMG_0836.JPG
Views: 7156
Size:  580.5 KB
    Notice the coloring changes between all three watches
    Name:  IMG_0837.JPG
Views: 7793
Size:  626.3 KB
    The circular red ring is not a flat red. It is hard to picture, but it is a shiny metalic red.
    Name:  IMG_0848.JPG
Views: 6809
Size:  521.0 KBName:  IMG_0849.JPG
Views: 6219
Size:  543.4 KB
    The Royal Airforce Logo
    Name:  IMG_0847.JPG
Views: 5668
Size:  472.8 KB
    And some Wrist shots!
    Name:  IMG_0844.JPG
Views: 5440
Size:  461.9 KBName:  IMG_0845.JPG
Views: 5340
Size:  454.6 KBName:  IMG_0846.JPG
Views: 5255
Size:  385.7 KB
    This is what is included in the package:
    Name:  IMG_0841.JPG
Views: 5246
Size:  820.7 KB
    The Box: (This was lost in the NYC Custom and then returned back to Europe. The company then mailed it back)
    Name:  IMG_0840.JPG
Views: 5275
Size:  503.3 KB

Would I choose this over the other 2 versions of the red arrows? YES! The sapphire crystal alone is worth it...The titanium is an added bonus.
    From Oldest to Newest:

Citizen "Blue Angels" Navihawk Limited Edition
    Citizen "Blue Angels" Skyhawk AT Titanium
    Citizen "Rose-Gold" Skyhawk AT Limited Edition
    Citizen "Red Arrows" Skyhawk AT Titanium
    Prometheus Baiji Tritium Diver Orange Dial
    Archimede Pilot 42H ***BRONZE***

Re: RED ARROWS! The skyhawk has been hit by an arrow... and this is what it looks like!

And here they are in their display
    Attached Images Attached Images

adi911 likes this.
    From Oldest to Newest:

Re: RED ARROWS! The skyhawk has been hit by an arrow... and this is what it looks like!

Thanks for the comparo Skyhawk818, nice work and nice pics. I like it. I sold my black Titanium Skyhawk earlier this year thinking that one was enough but now you have me fired up again. Wear them in good health.

Almost forgot, in my conversations with COA they told me that they would most definitely be able to replace the standard Blue Angels mineral crystal with a sapphire crystal. I don't see why they would not be able to do crystal changes on the European version so long as they had the parts.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

jr!

Where did you get those watch holders, those are very nice!

Quote Originally Posted by jr! View Post
    Where did you get those watch holders, those are very nice!
    Thanks! The Watch holders came all the way from Japan. Rakuten: Esprima (S prima ballerina) watch stands free type (the watch stands, the clock stands)- Shopping Japanese products from Japan

It does take some time to get it to you from Japan. The total for 4 came to $70 (taxes included in the $70 plus $2 transaction fee (Bank charge- Yen to Dollars). So that makes it a grand total of $18 Each. A great deal IMO. Most watch holders are cheap plastic. I looked everywhere for some quality holders and these fit the bill! The site list them at $$11.97, but they do not show the shipping. You have to place the order first, then they will weigh the stands and then ship. I Live in the USA, so it does cost some $$$ for shipping. Overall, very worth it for $18 each.

In Yen:

4000 Yen for 4 Watch Holders
    1500 for Shipping and 5% tax

5500 Total

Converted to Us $70.27

Well worth the price. I LOVE these watch holders!
    Last edited by skyhawk818; December 9th, 2012 at 01:25.
    From Oldest to Newest:

The Red Arrow Citizen looks super cool.I also have the Rose-Gold Citizen,and have been thinking of adding the Red Arrow to.
    Mike

Love the Rose Gold Skyhawk (especially on a watch holder that looks like mine...) I never really cared for the rubber strap. Now I have various Zulu straps,leather, sting ray and crocodile bands that I use to replace the rubber strap.

You need to wear the watch more often! Not fully charged and it is only Dec! Find a nice window to leave the watch in so it will charge up. That's what I do with mine!

Also, That metal stand with glass shelves cost only $45 at IKEA. If you have an Ikea near you, well worth $45.

BTW- The Red Arrows Titanium would make a great addition to the Rose Gold Skyhawk!
    Last edited by skyhawk818; December 9th, 2012 at 03:20.
    From Oldest to Newest:

3 beautiful watches, but the one I like the most is the Titanium Blue Angels. Pictures are showing that the Titanium Red Arrows is 1 second ahead?

Quote Originally Posted by Hein W View Post
    3 beautiful watches, but the one I like the most is the Titanium Blue Angels. Pictures are showing that the Titanium Red Arrows is 1 second ahead?
    Good Eye and Great catch! I live in CT and reception is non-existant in the winter. The all sink in the spring, summer, and fall. Just not the winter for some reason. I believe I was wearing the red arrows for a while and it did not sink, while the other did. I can't wait untill the spring when all my watches will, once again, sink up. My personal Fav? I love all three versions equally! :)
    From Oldest to Newest:

Quote Originally Posted by Hein W View Post
    I am with you on this, the favorite in my collection is my titanium Blue Angels. It is, utterly reliable and accurate, packed with neat features, and incredibly comfortable to wear and I love the color scheme on the Blue Angels.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information