This is a brief review of the Citizen GN-4W-S . They come in different variations and this one is maybe a couple of years behind their recent releases. This particular version was picked up In Singapore and I don't believe I have seen it anywhere else out of Asia although I am sure it is obtainable.
I was doing my usual watch browsing at a Place called "Mustafa" which is a well know shopping block in Singapore and it is a watch lovers paradise and you will find all domestic Japanese models in there including Orients, Seikos and the list goes on. Every time I am in Singapore it is a must to go and buy at least One watch...and this was my pick on the trip I had abut one year ago.
I was in the mood at the time for a slight Gold theme and a kind of dress watch option but wasn't exactly sure what I wanted. Then I saw this beauty. Now, I appreciate that two tone is not everyones cup of tea...and the for the most part I am a SS watch person...however this really caught my eye for various reasons other then the look:
1. Its proportions. It sits with a 42mm Diameter without the crown and has a very handsome sized and shaped crown., 24mm Lug width at the top which tapers all the way down to 18mm with a butterfly clasp. 10-11mm in thickness giving it a very slim profile. In fact the lugs slightly curve and it is very reminiscent of a rolex oyster case.
2. Sapphire crystal. Enough said.
3. 100m water resistance- for watch this dressy and slim and yet it has enough water resistance for me to jump into a swimming pool.
4. Eco drive. My first and I love it. Hassle free indeed and as long as you give it a days charge whether under real or artificial light it is good for months.
5. The finish. I am really impressed with the finish of this watch especially for the price. Really well done polished case all around. Very well executed rose gold type plating which after a year hasn't shown any issues or wear and tear. Just the right colour..not too yellow or too pink.
6. Solid end links. Nice a sturdy bracelet endlinks- enough said.
7. The Dial. The is a very well executed dial IMHO. Lovely Matt crossed with a touch of gloss Black dial. It has texture and depth which allows the Eco drive movement to sit well under the sightly raised centre face. The dauphine hands are an excellent choice with raised and applied Baton markers with No numbers which really gives a nice minimal clean dial yet this dial and the batons and hands gives you plenty of diverse looks. It has a nice framed date wheel at the 3 position and sits very well proportioned on the dial.
8. Lume. There is nice Lume on the hands and it glows well and for a long period of time.
9. Caseback. Screw down case back. other than the quite a plain caseback.
10. Bracelet. All solid links and end links. decent butterfly clasp with nice polishing and finish. Negatives here are No micro adjust.
11. Price - I paid 345 USD.
This watch will look good on any wrist from 6.5 Inch- 8 Inches no problem in my opinion. Its quite light, hassle free, ticks most of my boxes and looks far more expensive than it actually is. the kind of watch you could wear to a wedding then straight to a pool party and then get mugged on the way home without crying over it.