what about citizen at4008 vs. ca4170 please?!?

Thread: what about citizen at4008 vs. ca4170 please?!?

what about citizen at4008 vs. ca4170 please?!?

i'm waiting for your opinions please...

Re: what about citizen at4008 vs. ca4170 please?!?

What's the question? The 4008 syncs with the atomic clocks in Colorado and Germany, has a sapphire crystal but the chronograph is more difficult to get to. The 4170 has a more precise chronograph that appears more accessible and has a mineral crystal. The 4170 is slightly larger, too.

thank you for your answer.do you think generally speaking is better the at4008 then ca4170?scuze my english...i am for romania and i don't know if is usefull this function-atomic timekeeping...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cat4 View Post
    thank you for your answer.do you think generally speaking is better the at4008 then ca4170?scuze my english...i am for romania and i don't know if is usefull this function-atomic timekeeping...
    It's kind of hard to say. It depends on how much you care about the atomic syncing compared to the chronograph. You may or may not get the German signal. You'll probably have to look into the exact location and range of the German tower. FWIW, I was able to get the signal in Edinburgh and Pitlochry Scotland, but had trouble in Inverness. I've also heard of devices that plug into a computer and mimic the radio towers, so that may be worth looking into. You'll also have to use the alternate time zone feature, but that's what it's there for.

If you don't really care that much about the atomic syncing or the chronograph, then it's down to the aesthetics (how the watches look) and the crystal. I don't think either is "better" or "worse" than the other. The crystal is probably the only difference that can be thought of that way. They just look a bit different and have slightly different functions.

Thanks a lot.it was very helpfull.i hope i will take a good decision for me.

You can try here too:

Ceasornicar.ro • Vezi subiect - CITIZEN Radio Controlled - nealmurire.

Also, you can ask there, maybe someone from Romania has the watch.

Thanks for your help...I decided to buy citizen at4008.now I have a question for you guys...my sister is in the u.s.a. now and she don't know from where is safe to buy this watch and of course where is the best price...please I need your help because there are some good money for me and I don't want to failled...my sister come back to Romania at the begining of December this year...this will be my first expensive watch...I need for help..thank you

I'm still waiting four your help my friends...I need some good advices...for my next watch citizenat4008-51e...from where is safe to buy it and a good price...all the best!!!

If you use a Kohl's card with the right coupon during the right sale you can get a pretty good deal and it's from an AD. Right now just checking on the website that would get it for about $380 (just a quick Google search gave a 20% off coupon if you use a Kohl's card).

Amazon is selling it for $400 right now with the Citizen warranty as well. They sometimes have promotions where you can get money off if you sign up for some emails.

Those are the two best, authorized dealers I know of that usually have good deals.

Thread Information