General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project - Page 22
Like Tree926Likes

Thread: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

Page 22 of 85 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 ... LastLast

Re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

It seems to me that at this point we have a draw between white and slate in terms of total numbers of votes, with white winning for the number of No.1 votes.

I wouldn't like white to be the winner, as the color combination would be too comparable to this one:

Name:  russian-military-vostok-komandirskie-tank-watch-211306.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  53.4 KB

White and slate seem to shoulder to shoulder. Given the small difference in vote can we consider a final vote with the 2 finalists to allow those who have not opted for these 2 colors can make their choice?
    Geoff Adams and Uncle_Kraut like this.

"In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters. And God said, Let there be slate: and there was slate"

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Geoff Adams; July 30th, 2018 at 18:21.
    Uncle_Kraut likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As bad as it looks to me, a vote is a vote. If white wins, then it's white. If it's considered a draw, then let's re-vote for the finalists. In any case, the God in this instance is Arizone. Let's pray to get a divine sign.
    Geoff Adams likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by thewatchadude View Post
    It seems to me that at this point we have a draw between white and slate in terms of total numbers of votes, with white winning for the number of No.1 votes.

I wouldn't like white to be the winner, as the color combination would be too comparable to this one:

Name:  russian-military-vostok-komandirskie-tank-watch-211306.jpg
Views: 76
Size:  53.4 KB
    On the other hand, if it's too comparable to that one, it would be difficult to make the argument that the design was insufficiently Russian.
    Arizone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by larand View Post
    On the other hand, if it's too comparable to that one, it would be difficult to make the argument that the design was insufficiently Russian.
    True, though that one has a submarine and a red star. If the consensus ends up being blue and white then we need something similarly unusual and special to compensate

Quote Originally Posted by Peterc2018 View Post
    True, though that one has a submarine and a red star. If the consensus ends up being blue and white then we need something similarly unusual and special to compensate
    Yes and no...we need something special, but we still need at least 100 more buyers.
    Special, not seen before and custom made might be cool, but a +200$ price tag will make this project vaporware.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
    Geoff Adams, larand and dwczinmb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Negroni View Post
    Yes and no...we need something special, but we still need at least 100 more buyers.
    Special, not seen before and custom made might be cool, but a +200$ price tag will make this project vaporware.

Therein lies the difficulty - distinctive enough to be interesting but still mainstream enough to get sufficient support.

That said, the amphibia project a couple of years back ended up with a very distinctive design that still met MOQ. So I’m sure we will get there.
    Negroni likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Peterc2018 View Post
    Therein lies the difficulty - distinctive enough to be interesting but still mainstream enough to get sufficient support.

That said, the amphibia project a couple of years back ended up with a very distinctive design that still met MOQ. So I’m sure we will get there.
    I'm not being Mr. Negative, I'm just trying to make sure this project gets off the ground...there's a limit for time, one for numbers and one for cost.
    Any one of those too out of whack, and the watch is just a nice dream.

Quote Originally Posted by Negroni View Post
    I'm not being Mr. Negative, I'm just trying to make sure this project gets off the ground...there's a limit for time, one for numbers and one for cost.
    Any one of those too out of whack, and the watch is just a nice dream.

Very true. And I'm not arguing here for something like a picture of Yuri Gagarin planting a flag on top of Mt Elbrus. Just for it not being too...conservative. I think that's the general concern about the progressive narrowing of choices if we proceed further down this route. That's why I was speculating about the feasibility of looking at complete packages of design elements - that encourages a bit more risk-taking in developing the ideas.

Have you seen the thread in the Russian forum on a WUS project amphibia dial? They've been developing mockups based around complete color palettes, and while they may not get to MOQ for them (I certainly hope they do) they have some beautiful designs

Page 22 of 85 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 72 ... LastLast

Thread Information