General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project - Page 26
Like Tree926Likes

Thread: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 76 ... LastLast

Re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Adams View Post
    Oh, and I have to say that I must agree with my good friend from Scotland Joe, that it would be a great shame if this presently elegant and serious design were to take on the feel of a Hawaiian shirt due to any over indulging in the different spectrum of colour mother nature has been generous enough to bestow upon us...

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk
    You have said it better than me, but I agree with this entirely. This might not be a popular opinion but the red of that logo is not quite what had in mind, just in close proximity to the blue of the dial. But I have been surprised throughout this process so far so I could come around to it. Its exciting seeing the creation of this in stages....

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk
    Geoff Adams, joecool and PanKorop like this.

I'm with Geoff on the busy tool watch look, to have the bezel perform 2 functions would be a great addition. I like number 3 but would be equally happy with 2 (or 1 and 4 if I'm honest). Not convinced by the other colours though.

The original logo design is also preferable to me, as is the zero at the 12'oclock position. I like the thinner hands but would be fine with the originals

Whatever decisions are made regarding the watch, I am very happy to be involved being a relative newcomer around these parts and appreciate all the effort so far.

Chris.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Geoff Adams and PanKorop like this.

To add to my previous comment, I like the addition of the sub-second markers but think the seconds hand is too prominent. Maybe a slightly slimmer design and beef up the compass hand again?

Chris.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk
    Geoff Adams and PanKorop like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by thewatchadude View Post
    CoMing back a few posts back, I didn't see the 1,78m sajen, only the 2,48m one hence my wrong calc. Maths and me...
    Yup, usually it’s not the diagonal sajen (foot to arm) but the armspread — standard sajen, very close to the 6ft fathom.

I love double scales, thanks Arizone for these proposals taking into account remarks about this

my choice would be rather on the n ° 3.
    For the markings I preferred the originals: 443 at the top and Elbrus at the bottom of the dial. Bostock at 3 o'clock why not; I preferred the larger original hands. I find that the font used for Elbrus is too round too distant of the style of hourly indexes, i prefer the font N°4. For the colors of the markings the red and white are very suitable

For the hand of seconds the ending arrow seems to me unsuitable, the real arrow is the compass, the hand of the 24 hours
    Last edited by Palpatine; August 6th, 2018 at 23:13.
    Geoff Adams likes this.

I like the busier bezel, red triangle @ 0, white triangle at 6.

NB if a multi-colours-of-the-spectrum 24H dial showed up with 12 @ bottom I'd vote for that and happily go colour blind.

/drysenseofhumour

Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    My preference pretty much same as Geoff!
    If there is to be a nod at the east Boctock logo,why not just use the B style from the Boctock
    factory logo on the red B denoting east,because the full logo at the 3o'clock position just looks dumb.
    Larger more stylish hands with maybe a sun/arrow meatball 24h hand
    Also no other colours of text apart from white/silver,red or black,as we dont want a clown watch!
    Agree with most. Even with my east logo turning from just “silly” (which I claim being!) to plain dumb; I dread what the next step will be in this joecoolar escalation

So, “most” I say, the exception being ”maybe a sun/arrow meatball 24h hand”!
    C’mon, isn’t the project basic intent about a compass needle instead of a 24h hand?
    Maybe I don’t get your idea, as I understand quickly if slowly instructed — then please do elaborate.

Quote Originally Posted by gjclayton View Post
    You have said it better than me, but I agree with this entirely. This might not be a popular opinion but the red of that logo is not quite what had in mind, just in close proximity to the blue of the dial.
    Ditto. It’s true this bright red on bright blue make my eyes screech and my teeth water, just like when the grammar school teacher would draw with day-glo red chalk on that green board...
    For a small accent, it may be ok, but for the full Elbrus logo, it could use a white cartouche (background reserve), or at least outlined letters.
    Maybe gold instead of red?
    Last edited by PanKorop; August 7th, 2018 at 11:29. Reason: Does this editor stutter?
    Geoff Adams likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PanKorop View Post
    Ditto. It’s true this bright red on bright blue make my eyes screech and my teeth water, just like when the grammar school teacher would draw with day-glo red chalk on that green board...
    For a small accent, it may be ok, but for the full Elbrus logo, it could use a white cartouche (background reserve), or at least outlined letters.
    Maybe gold instead of red?
    Interesting thoughts, I could be swayed...

The red writing certainly looked fine to me on the rich dark blue dial surrounded by bronze, but you might have a point regarding the lighter blue dial...

Page 26 of 85 FirstFirst ... 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 76 ... LastLast

Thread Information