Dark blue with neon text:
    Attachment 13276435

Light blue:
    Attachment 13276437

Brown:
    Attachment 13276439

Red:
    Attachment 13276443

Ideally, the font color for "Эльбрус" would match the bezel color for a complementary look.
    Last edited by armanh; July 5th, 2018 at 11:43.

re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

Quote Originally Posted by armanh View Post
    Some variations on bezel colors for the silver case / blue face design:

Gray:
    Attachment 13276423

Cream:
    Attachment 13276433

Dark blue with neon text:
    Attachment 13276435

Light blue:
    Attachment 13276437

Brown:
    Attachment 13276439

Red:
    Attachment 13276443

Ideally, the font color for "Эльбрус" would match the bezel color for a complementary look.
    If it is to be a silver case I rather like the final red bezel variant suggested. However, my preference would be for a bronze case. May I suggest that the case colour is a significant issue which needs to be resolved early, before anything else for the obvious reasons? ... Comments please Comrades...

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk

I just created a small topic post on the Dutch Horlogeforum to raise awareness! :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hurray.

Registered.

I am really liking the blue with dark grey outer ring- reminds me if wind, snow, darkness- Elbrus :)

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Adams View Post
    If it is to be a silver case I rather like the final red bezel variant suggested. However, my preference would be for a bronze case. May I suggest that the case colour is a significant issue which needs to be resolved early, before anything else for the obvious reasons? ... Comments please Comrades...

Sent from my SM-G531H using Tapatalk
    My own preference is for a bronze case if possible,if not bronze colour pvd on stainless case again if possible.

Solid back with stylised Elbrus logo and all text in Cyrillic,Glass back would be fine if a bespoke rotor with Elbrus association was introduced.

Blue dial because although I get the association between this project watch and the Seiko Alpinist,I want this watch to have an identity all of it's own.

Band or bracelet,unless truly bespoke or unusual are no real issue either way for me.

Movement no particular preference as long as it's bullet proof Russian
    Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. ~Carl Sandburg

Thank you for the bezel suggestions. I need to think for a while how to best approach it along with the dial as far as polling goes. After we get some more commotion going I can start one of the first polls soon, likely for just the movement features.

Quote Originally Posted by arktika1148 View Post
    As the K34 is thick could it have a solid back instead of glass to make a little thinner please
    I think some prior models had a solid back, so I definitely would like to consider it because it also leaves room for the WUS logo, limited edition number, and other depictions. This will be one of the last things to decide for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Adams View Post
    My largest concerns for the project are a wide appeal, accessibility, and a reasonable time frame. While black PVD obviously looks possible based on existing models, that would probably be the most controversial choice and contrary to an elegant design. I am certain a solid bronze case is out of the question given added price and logistics, like the 1967, but for PVD coatings like bronze or rose gold I will have to inquire so we'll have to set it aside for a little bit.
    PanKorop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizone View Post
    Thank you for the bezel suggestions. I need to think for a while how to best approach it along with the dial as far as polling goes. After we get some more commotion going I can start one of the first polls soon, likely for just the movement features.

I think some prior models had a solid back, so I definitely would like to consider it because it also leaves room for the WUS logo, limited edition number, and other depictions. This will be one of the last things to decide for sure.

My largest concerns for the project are a wide appeal, accessibility, and a reasonable time frame. While black PVD obviously looks possible based on existing models, that would probably be the most controversial choice and contrary to an elegant design. I am certain a solid bronze case is out of the question given added price and logistics, like the 1967, but for PVD coatings like bronze or rose gold I will have to inquire so we'll have to set it aside for a little bit.
    Hi Arizone, what do you think of adding the sapphire crystal?
    Best,
    Marijn

Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. ~Carl Sandburg

Quote Originally Posted by Marijn2 View Post
    Hi Arizone, what do you think of adding the sapphire crystal?
    Best,
    Marijn
    I will consider it but it's a significant cost increase that I'm not comfortable pushing onto everyone as of yet.

I am indifferent to PVD, but my opinion is that coating durability always tends to sound better in the literature than it is in real life.

Page 3 of 85 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information