General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project - Page 32
Like Tree926Likes

Thread: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 ... LastLast
    Italy - Between Florence and Champs sur le Bisance

General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

Creative processes have unknowable evolutionary paths.

Dear friend and Commissioner of People for the Design Arizone, let us Trotskyists wander near and far to the main theme.
    If any traveler were to lose, I promise you that I will take him back to the fold like the lost sheep.

Seriously: I believe that sharing and socializing are the strengths of a forum watch, the design we choose will only gain from this.

(I also promise you that I will NEVER vote for Joecool's foot on the caseback, so you can sleep peacefully and without excessive worries)

PanKorop likes this.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ http://russian-watches.it/ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭ 140 Watches exposed online now ☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

I propose a height rating on the caseback rather than any fool depth rating.
    This proposal removes any possibility of feet on the caseback...whoever they belong to!
    Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. ~Carl Sandburg

Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    I propose a height rating on the caseback rather than any fool depth rating.
    This proposal removes any possibility of feet on the caseback...whoever they belong to!
    so meters only?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by taike View Post
    so meters only?
    Nope,only арши́н !
    Kirill Sergueev likes this.
    Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. ~Carl Sandburg

Nope,only арши́н !
    No one knows exactly now much it was. It may back then had local variations as well. So lets not mess up with old Russian measures. Since Peter the Great government tried to use European standards. Too bad that Europe was divided and each country had its own yardstick.

- - - Updated - - -

Nope,only арши́н !
    No one knows exactly now much it was. It may back then had local variations as well. So lets not mess up with old Russian measures. Since Peter the Great government tried to use European standards. Too bad that Europe was divided and each country had its own yardstick.
    joecool likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Danilao View Post
    It would be interesting to think of a drawing (a stylized symbol) for the caseback that explains (or better reminders to everyone, even those with short memory like me) as the watch can be used as a compass.

I know, I'm running too much but what do you think?
    Hello, Luigi !

As a very rough sketch, would this sort of design be enough of a reminder ?

Selbstverstandlich, this assumes one read at least once a more detailed tutorial.

Name:  3350D022-4823-40ED-8CF1-A066C87EF7CC.jpeg
Views: 64
Size:  27.4 KB
    XsiOn likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirill Sergueev View Post
    No one knows exactly now much it was. It may back then had local variations as well. So lets not mess up with old Russian.
    You of course understood that the suggestion of arshin was posted as a joke?

Now I’m glad western Europe was divided. Each time someone attempts to unify it, whether some emperor or führer, it tends to stink. Anyhow, one can rely on the British to scuttle the project — even recently
    Last edited by PanKorop; August 15th, 2018 at 04:03.
    103ssv likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PanKorop View Post
    Hello, Luigi !

Selbstverstandlich, this assumes one read at least once a more detailed tutorial.

Name:  3350D022-4823-40ED-8CF1-A066C87EF7CC.jpeg
Views: 64
Size:  27.4 KB
    it does not help much. At least one arrow is missing indicating the rotation of the south of the bezel

Italy - Between Florence and Champs sur le Bisance

General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

Quote Originally Posted by PanKorop View Post
    Hello, Luigi !

Well done, François, now I understand how you, nephews of Napoleon, have won on that rotten swamp of the Camargue turning it into a tourist attraction.

This is the concept that I meant (with some adjustments).
    I'm very satisfied but if your design will not like the comrades of WUS (the usual troublemakers or Masons of the amphibious Poljot) do not worry, we can still use it to produce a variety of mountain camembert for which the design seems perfect.

Finally: let me say, with esteem, that you have a future in the world of design or, alternatively, in that of cheese production
    Last edited by Danilao; August 15th, 2018 at 10:43.
    PanKorop and joecool like this.
    ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆ http://russian-watches.it/ ☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭ 140 Watches exposed online now ☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Quote Originally Posted by Palpatine View Post
    it does not help much. At least one arrow is missing indicating the rotation of the south of the bezel
    I don’t quite get you. Maybe you mean, either:
    you’d prefer the South up? I would too! Unfortunately, the case back is not like Amphibias’, so one can’t flip it 180º and be fine! I chose to keep the N conventional — up — as writing it in cyrillic makes it arcane enough to most people.
    Or:
    It doesn’t show the offset for DST or true solar noon?. With a small back, which I hope will be stamped not laser-etched, you get two tech. limitations; you want to keep design as graphic, i.e. simple as possible. It’s like drawing cartoons: keep the lines thick. Those who’ll read (once!) the 2nd part of a tutorial will know how to compensate for true solar time. Anyhow, with a screw-in case back, I doubt the S will perfectly align with the middle of the case...

Now, if you mean that this 2cm sketch doesn’t hint the bezel rotates, nor the sun... I’m at loss. Here, my intent limited itself to show you just point the 24h “needle” at the sun, and see where that leaves the cardinal markings. Else, some might do as with a magnetic compass, try to rotate the bezel until it aligns N with the compass arrow... Hence the written reminder around the case that this one “compass” is solar, not magnetic.
    Danilao and joecool like this.

Page 32 of 85 FirstFirst ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 82 ... LastLast

Thread Information