General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project - Page 50
Like Tree926Likes

Thread: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast
Results 491 to 500 of 845
  1. #491
    Member PanKorop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Location
    Phare Ouest
    Posts
    1,269

    Re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

    Quote Originally Posted by calote View Post
    Allow me to show you the current Russian watch project from the Spanish forum RE

    Below, the last developments:

    It might bring some ideas to our designers.
    I seriously hope not. Imho, “our” designers came up with a way more original project, which is the Elbrus. This RE manages, without numbers on the dial, to be both busy and little legible, with a bezel belonging on a Seiko SKX007, and a general lack of identity.

    I’m disappointed by the 12E team. Their blue-yellow Vostok was fun and daring; their Baikonur / Voskhod-2 pretty nice, though I’ll change the case of mine. Here, I wonder what’s Especial about this Reloj. Well, can’t win every time, I suppose...
    Last edited by PanKorop; September 14th, 2018 at 08:24.

  2. #492
    Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    16,974

    Re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

    Quote Originally Posted by calote View Post
    Allow me to show you the current Russian watch project from the Spanish forum RE...
    I'd be interested to learn more of the story behind this watch. Can you post a new thread in the main forum?
    Danilao likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

  3. #493
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fogar de Breogán
    Posts
    109

    Re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

    Quote Originally Posted by PanKorop View Post
    I seriously hope not. Imho, “our” designers came up with a way more original project, which is the Elbrus. This RE manages, without numbers on the dial, to be both busy and little legible, with a bezel belonging on a Seiko SKX007, and a general lack of identity.

    I’m disappointed by the 12E team. Their blue-yellow Vostok was fun and daring; their Baikonur / Voskhod-2 pretty nice, though I’ll change the case of mine. Here, I wonder what’s Especial about this Reloj. Well, can’t win every time, I suppose...
    Nice! it makes me proud to know that some people in WUS are in the loop of RE forum watches.

    Regarding the Baikal, I quite like it, it is maybe less daring than its predecessors but I think it has charm. Besides, it will be a 670 case with unidirectional bezel, sandwich dial and blue lume; quite out of the ordinary IMHO. It is true that I find the back a bit boring compared to the Baikonur, but we won't know for sure until it is finished.

    I also have the Baikonur, certainly the 150 case has some flaws (mostly due to springbar holes drilled a bit too close to the edge) but that can be easily solved with the right bracelets; have you tried with a thick shark mesh?.

    Ah! In case you finally change the Baikonur case I would recommend a 090, I believe it suits the theme of the watch. It is the right moment to get them cheap from komandirskie.com (you pay in RUB)
    PanKorop and Danilao like this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #494
    Member Arizone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Seattle, WA, USA
    Posts
    2,213

    Re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

    So there's still a lot to deal with here and I want to share my thoughts. This is not to discourage anyone, only to reel back some of the fun we have had.

    I am personally very fond of the Poljus design. It has that exploration history which also goes with the cool blue theme, the six numeral layout breaks up the monotony of the four axes on the bezel, fills out the space, and also aesthetically separates the timekeeping from the separate compass function, and last it's not radical enough to turn anyone away which is a concern already raised. The bezel numeral font was also chosen to match, although that can be adjusted as needed. The other designs suggested, as iconic as they are in their own right, I don't agree they are fit for this project.

    My second interest is whether to pursue full lumed indices as opposed to lume dots or similar. I'm leaning toward not, and let me explain. While the popular Alpinist has rather rounded surfaces to the indices, I'm instead picturing flat sharp surfaces alike the Hamilton Khaki Pilot or even Vostok's own models. I actually hate the Khaki Pilot's applied indices, because they don't fit at all on a flieger, but on our watch they absolutely would.



    Here's a few more renderings to brainstorm over, and I added back on the dial details to give a better idea. Don't be hung up on those or the twelves versus zeros of course. This is before I mull over everything to prepare the next vote.


  6. #495
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    204

    Re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

    You're pulling me back in with these latest versions!
    I love the first two and the third looks great too.
    Excellent work.


    Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk

  7. #496
    Member Uncle_Kraut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Location
    OWL, Germany
    Posts
    92

    Re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

    The right one is awesome. Well done.
    milligan likes this.

  8. #497
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    Fogar de Breogán
    Posts
    109

    Re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

    Quote Originally Posted by Arizone View Post
    So there's still a lot to deal with here and I want to share my thoughts. This is not to discourage anyone, only to reel back some of the fun we have had.

    I am personally very fond of the Poljus design. It has that exploration history which also goes with the cool blue theme, the six numeral layout breaks up the monotony of the four axes on the bezel, fills out the space, and also aesthetically separates the timekeeping from the separate compass function, and last it's not radical enough to turn anyone away which is a concern already raised. The bezel numeral font was also chosen to match, although that can be adjusted as needed. The other designs suggested, as iconic as they are in their own right, I don't agree they are fit for this project.

    My second interest is whether to pursue full lumed indices as opposed to lume dots or similar. I'm leaning toward not, and let me explain. While the popular Alpinist has rather rounded surfaces to the indices, I'm instead picturing flat sharp surfaces alike the Hamilton Khaki Pilot or even Vostok's own models. I actually hate the Khaki Pilot's applied indices, because they don't fit at all on a flieger, but on our watch they absolutely would.



    Here's a few more renderings to brainstorm over, and I added back on the dial details to give a better idea. Don't be hung up on those or the twelves versus zeros of course. This is before I mull over everything to prepare the next vote.

    I like them all, but I'd rather keep the lume pips.

    Enviado dende o meu MYA-L41 usando Tapatalk
    Horoticus likes this.

  9. #498
    Member Horoticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    The Garden and Diamond States
    Posts
    4,342

    Re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

    Quote Originally Posted by calote View Post
    I like them all, but I'd rather keep the lume pips.
    +1

  10. #499
    Member larand's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2017
    Location
    Ventura, CA
    Posts
    579

    Re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

    Quote Originally Posted by Arizone View Post
    So there's still a lot to deal with here and I want to share my thoughts. This is not to discourage anyone, only to reel back some of the fun we have had.

    I am personally very fond of the Poljus design. It has that exploration history which also goes with the cool blue theme, the six numeral layout breaks up the monotony of the four axes on the bezel, fills out the space, and also aesthetically separates the timekeeping from the separate compass function, and last it's not radical enough to turn anyone away which is a concern already raised. The bezel numeral font was also chosen to match, although that can be adjusted as needed. The other designs suggested, as iconic as they are in their own right, I don't agree they are fit for this project.

    My second interest is whether to pursue full lumed indices as opposed to lume dots or similar. I'm leaning toward not, and let me explain. While the popular Alpinist has rather rounded surfaces to the indices, I'm instead picturing flat sharp surfaces alike the Hamilton Khaki Pilot or even Vostok's own models. I actually hate the Khaki Pilot's applied indices, because they don't fit at all on a flieger, but on our watch they absolutely would.



    Here's a few more renderings to brainstorm over, and I added back on the dial details to give a better idea. Don't be hung up on those or the twelves versus zeros of course. This is before I mull over everything to prepare the next vote.

    After mulling it over, all things considered, I agree with Arizone. #1 would be my choice.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

  11. #500
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    108

    Re: General Discussion Thread for the 2018 Russian forum project

    Quote Originally Posted by Arizone View Post
    So there's still a lot to deal with here and I want to share my thoughts. This is not to discourage anyone, only to reel back some of the fun we have had.

    I am personally very fond of the Poljus design. It has that exploration history which also goes with the cool blue theme, the six numeral layout breaks up the monotony of the four axes on the bezel, fills out the space, and also aesthetically separates the timekeeping from the separate compass function, and last it's not radical enough to turn anyone away which is a concern already raised. The bezel numeral font was also chosen to match, although that can be adjusted as needed. The other designs suggested, as iconic as they are in their own right, I don't agree they are fit for this project.

    My second interest is whether to pursue full lumed indices as opposed to lume dots or similar. I'm leaning toward not, and let me explain. While the popular Alpinist has rather rounded surfaces to the indices, I'm instead picturing flat sharp surfaces alike the Hamilton Khaki Pilot or even Vostok's own models. I actually hate the Khaki Pilot's applied indices, because they don't fit at all on a flieger, but on our watch they absolutely would.



    Here's a few more renderings to brainstorm over, and I added back on the dial details to give a better idea. Don't be hung up on those or the twelves versus zeros of course. This is before I mull over everything to prepare the next vote.

    Still like the right one the most.

Page 50 of 85 FirstFirst ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Ball Forum WRUW thread for the coming week starting Sept 17th..Post what you have on.
    By samanator in forum Ball Forum - Officially Sponsored by Topper Fine Jewelers
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: September 20th, 2016, 13:54
  2. Posting "Notices" for the New Sales Forum
    By Jason71 in forum DOXA Owners Club
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: March 29th, 2008, 14:08
  3. Excellent thread on the TZ Cartier forum ...
    By Bruce Reding in forum High Accuracy Quartz watches
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: July 22nd, 2007, 17:05
  4. Over 1,000 threads for the Public forum !
    By Ernie Romers in forum Public Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: January 6th, 2007, 10:10
  5. Replies: 8
    Last Post: April 2nd, 2006, 00:07

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •