Baselworld 2019 Live Report: Rolex GMT-Master II Ref. 126710 BLNR - WatchUSeek Article - Page 2

Thread: Baselworld 2019 Live Report: Rolex GMT-Master II Ref. 126710 BLNR - WatchUSeek Article

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Baselworld 2019 Live Report: Rolex GMT-Master II Ref. 126710 BLNR - WatchUSeek Article

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy B View Post
    Is it me or does the jubilee seems to hide scratches on the bracelet a little more and it seems more comfortable.
    This is definitely true. I was never a big fan of the polished center links on the oyster so I feel like the jubilee is a nice alternative to that as well.

Re: Baselworld 2019 Live Report: Rolex GMT-Master II Ref. 126710 BLNR - WatchUSeek Article

Quote Originally Posted by CMSgt Bo View Post
    Each Rolex Dealer receives their allocation of watches throughout the year. Popular watches like this have customer waiting lists so the watches never show up in the AD's display case. When was the last time you saw a steel Rolex sports watch (Daytona, GMT, Sub, SD, YM, Explorer, etc.) available for sale at the Dealer?
    AND, there was an article about dealer wait lists, over on WatchTime IIRC, not too long ago.

IT IS NOT A LIST. That is, there isn't a set ordering, where you can say "ok, I'm #3 on the list, they get a new one every couple months, so I should have mine in 4-5 months." Doesn't work that way. The dealer's going to prioritize as he sees fit, which means he's going to keep his better, more steady customers happy first.

And Rolex allocation to dealers may show some of the same practice...probably does. I have read, several times, that Rolex ADs are required to carry an extensive stock of the unpopular models and configurations...Yachtmaster, Sky-Dweller, the slower-moving precious metal only models like the Day-Date...which also makes you suspect that a dealer's gonna have problems getting the hot models if they don't live up to quota on the slower ones.

The perplexing complication to all of this is that you still see the high-demand OPs and Explorers on the gray market...
    The truth is rarely pure and never simple.

Oscar Wilde, The Importance of Being Earnest

My AD calls it their 'registry of interest'. I call it the 'don't call us, we'll never call you' roster.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by gangrel View Post
    AND, there was an article about dealer wait lists, over on WatchTime IIRC, not too long ago.

IT IS NOT A LIST. That is, there isn't a set ordering, where you can say "ok, I'm #3 on the list, they get a new one every couple months, so I should have mine in 4-5 months." Doesn't work that way. The dealer's going to prioritize as he sees fit, which means he's going to keep his better, more steady customers happy first.

And Rolex allocation to dealers may show some of the same practice...probably does. I have read, several times, that Rolex ADs are required to carry an extensive stock of the unpopular models and configurations...Yachtmaster, Sky-Dweller, the slower-moving precious metal only models like the Day-Date...which also makes you suspect that a dealer's gonna have problems getting the hot models if they don't live up to quota on the slower ones.

The perplexing complication to all of this is that you still see the high-demand OPs and Explorers on the gray market...
    So I should buy models in abundance to get a sport model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information