WUS project 2019 - Electronika. - Page 11

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a forum digital watch?

Voters
110. This poll is closed
  • Yes

84 76.36%
  • No

26 23.64%
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Re: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Black PVD case

(note the black pushers)

Name:  CW6phR8EhiQ.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  229.0 KB

Source:

https://vk.com/volanbrand?w=wall-92714545_3288
    cuthbert, Horoticus and miquel99 like this.

I'd buy an LED digital project watch.

My Electronica 1 wants company

Name:  E3.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  52.0 KB
    L-800, elsoldemayo, 103ssv and 2 others like this.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

I've noticed that several of the expressions of specific preference have been towards the hardest one to deliver i.e. the LED. Some have said 'LED or nothing'. And there have been one or two who have said 'definitely not LED'. So I might as well put my cards on the table:

I personally prefer to do the entry-level LCD custom dial job now, with a more challenging project later if we still have the appetite. Who else feels that way?
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    I've noticed that several of the expressions of specific preference have been towards the hardest one to deliver i.e. the LED. Some have said 'LED or nothing'. And there have been one or two who have said 'definitely not LED'. So I might as well put my cards on the table:

I personally prefer to do the entry-level LCD custom dial job now, with a more challenging project later if we still have the appetite. Who else feels that way?
    Yeah I'm with you on that
    Chascomm likes this.
    My YouTube Channel

24h

I think the LCD project would be a good start to test and see how smooth working with Technochas will be.
    Why not start with something on the cheaper side of things that can be completed quickly relative to other projects and has (arguably) wider appeal.

On a side note, I believe that one of the original goals of these projects is to do something to benefit the Russian and other Eastern European watch industries.
    Rather than producing some one-off watch consisting of parts from China, Technochas may benefit from receiving the money to invest in tooling to make stainless steel cases which they can take advantage of in future models.
    For me, Elektronikas are absent from my watch "wish list" when they are in chromed brass cases.
    Last edited by 24h; March 3rd, 2019 at 07:27.

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

I fear if we do a budget LCD the appetite for a 2nd digital project may fade away so I'd rather look at our LED options first.
    elsoldemayo and ronalddheld like this.

Quote Originally Posted by watch22 View Post
    I'd buy an LED digital project watch.

My Electronica 1 wants company

Name:  E3.jpg
Views: 109
Size:  52.0 KB
    A Cylon watch
    cuthbert and joecool like this.

WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

I don’t really see the advantage of this over just buying an existing model.

A stainless steel case adds real benefit, and sticking to an LCD module keeps the project realistic.
    Chascomm likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by miquel99 View Post
    This is an interesting thing: a LED Electronika 1 module inside a 5X standard case like the ones made by Technochas today.

If they are able to make the LED module but the cost of stainless steel case for this project is too high I assume we can ask this as backup even if it looks very weird to me...perhaps with PVD coating it would look more inline with the LED theme.

I am also surprised by the popularity of the LED option, I assume it's because Electronika 1s were very popular in the Soviet Union and definitely have a cult status. Again at the moment we don't know the price for a LED module and I would recommend to wait until we have confirmation of it, personally I fear more the cost of a stainless steel E-1 case AND ridged bracelet but this is something just Soruk can answer, if the watch is really too expensive we always have the backup solution.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Hedgehog View Post
    I don’t really see the advantage of this over just buying an existing model.

A stainless steel case adds real benefit, and sticking to an LCD module keeps the project realistic.
    I also agree that would be the best solution, a sort of Casio Marlin with screwed back and increased WR. Again we need to see the cost of this project. It appears there is enough interest in the digital watch project (we were discussing about 50 members in the poll), as soon as we have a clear pictures of the cost we can open another poll to check the interest of a LED vs. a WR multifunction vs. a B6 02 project.
    Last edited by cuthbert; March 3rd, 2019 at 13:15.
    Chascomm and Dave_Hedgehog like this.

HAQ and AW moderator

I already have a LCD watch from Surok55, so different would be acceptable.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by ronalddheld; March 3rd, 2019 at 14:58.
    cuthbert, miquel99 and Chascomm like this.

Page 11 of 43 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... LastLast

Thread Information