WUS project 2019 - Electronika. - Page 18

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a forum digital watch?

Voters
110. This poll is closed
  • Yes

84 76.36%
  • No

26 23.64%
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Re: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    For the forum watch if we decide to go with the low budget 55 option my suggestion is to keep the geometric pattern of the Soviet dial and use the WUS colors.
    On that basis I think this version is the best starting point:

I think it would look better without the white border. The grey section needs to be darker, which would give better contrast for the function button text. And the orange changed to match the WUS colours. Something like this:

Apologies for the rather crude edit, I just knocked it together on my phone. I would intend for the function button text to remain white, but couldn’t isolate it from the background when editing on the phone!

The WUS logo can then be engraved/etched onto the case back.

It would also be pretty cool if we could get an inverted display and black DLC coated case and pushers.
    24h and cuthbert like this.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Interesting to see how things have developed since this thread started. The arrival of the prototype steel case (option 2) has effectively eliminated the original option 1. Also for those looking for a vintage homage, the LED (option 4) is proving far more attractive than the B6-02 concept (option 3). That realistically brings it down to two choices likely to get enough interest to proceed: a highly affordable, and quick to deliver, super thin all steel multifunction LCD; or an expensive, challenging to deliver, yet utterly retrotastic LED.
    Dub Rubb likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Assuming, just for the moment, that the project that we decide to go with is the highly afforable, quick to deliver, all steel, super thin watch containing a feature rich and individually tested LCD module; then the design element of the project would be essentially limited to the dial. I can see three main directions we can take: 'technical', 'thematic' or 'stealth'.

Technical - celebrates the traditional aesthetic of 1980s multifunction watches (as per the current Technochas range), resplendent with mysterious Russian abbreviations describing the watch's many functions. Original design input would basically be restricted to the colour scheme and branding.

Thematic - is where the entire top surface of the watch is a canvas for our unbounded creativity. Belarussian embroidery, Soviet iconography, folk art, pop art, Hello Kitty... The hardest part will be agreeing on a theme.

Stealth - reflects the minimalism of the classic LED watch currently enjoying a revival in the modern smartwatch. A negative display (hence my question a couple of days ago) floats in a sea of black, accompanied only by a subtle logo.

What have I missed? Can you think of any design direction that does not fall into one of those categories?
    Last edited by Chascomm; March 10th, 2019 at 10:46. Reason: spelling
    Chascomm

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would want it to be branded Electronika in Cyrillic of course.
    24h, Carl.1, Chascomm and 1 others like this.

Technical. Otherwise we will be bogged down in the artistic world of the masses!
    Chascomm, ronalddheld and ohhenry1 like this.
    If I fail to reply to your inane post just assume you are on the ignore list.

I bought a knackered clock.... https://carlsclock.blogspot.com/ Updated 29/4/19

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    Assuming, just for the moment, that the project that we decide to go with is the highly afforable, quick to deliver, all steel, super thin watch containing a feature rich and individually tested LCD module; then the design element of the project would be essentially limited to the dial. I can see three main directions we can take: 'technical', 'thematic' or 'stealth'.

Technical - celebrates the traditional aesthetic of 1980s multifunction wathes (as per the current Technochas range), resplendent with mysterious Russian abbreviations describing the watch's many functions. Original design input would basically be restricted to the colour scheme and branding.

Thematic - is where the entire top surface of the watch is a canvas for our unbounded creativity. Belarussian embroidery, Soviet iconogrphy, folk art, pop art, Hello Kitty... The hardest part will be agreeing on a theme.

Stealth - reflects the minimalism of the classic LED watch currently enjoying a revival in the modern smartwatch. A negative display (hence my question a couple of days ago) floats in a sea of black, accompanied only by a subtle logo.

What have I missed? Can you think of any design direction that does not fall into one of those categories?
    Excellent summary.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    SAFETY WARNING: Above writings are produced by an individual with mental health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Carl.1 View Post
    Technical. Otherwise we will be bogged down in the artistic world of the masses!
    That is a very realistic assessment. I suspect that the Thematic approach would only gain traction if somebody was to post a rendering that was immediately attractive to a large proportion of the subscribers very early in the discussions.

I've only got this, but I don't think that it is very pursuasive:

Name:  TechnochasConcept.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  185.0 KB

(...and the only reason that I keep posting it is in the hope that somebody will answer the challenge with a better design )
    Chascomm

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    I suspect that the Thematic approach would only gain traction if somebody was to post a rendering that was immediately attractive to a large proportion of the subscribers very early in the discussions.
    Done.

Name:  cvc.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  187.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by vintorez View Post
    Done.
    - Плохой человек ?
    - Редиска !

Cool but I’d prefer the ку-ку (a cuckoo electronic clock!) theme

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeOrange View Post
    I would want it to be branded Electronika in Cyrillic of course.
    Agreed. The WUS logo should go on the case back, not the dial.
    ronalddheld and 24h like this.

Page 18 of 43 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... LastLast

Thread Information