WUS project 2019 - Electronika. - Page 2

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a forum digital watch?

Voters
110. This poll is closed
  • Yes

84 76.36%
  • No

26 23.64%
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Re: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Interested in either LED (probably cheaper than finding a mint original, lol) or a LCD one
    oldfox likes this.
    My YouTube Channel

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

All of those broad ideas are appealing to me, to varying degrees.

The customised stock watch has the advantages of price and speed as well as being a simple way for us to express our identity as forum members. Some of us would probably get more than one.

On the other hand, helping Technochas to launch the new steel case is a very special opportunity. I'm very keen to get the full details on that. Is it the same super-thin profile as the current models or is it more chunky like the older watches?

Going fully retro opens up some intriguing possibilities. Personally, I'd favour going beyond a straight replication, but rather to add something extra to an old design. And I'd like to know more about the LED module options. Is it real LED or some kind of LCD hybrid?
    miquel99 and Kisifer like this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

A reissue of the first LED Electronika would be cool, complete with the matching ridged bracelet. I love that watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    I prefer a larger/chunkier digital so for me I think that means options 3 or 4. I know its very early, but how different could a WUS version of these be from readily available watches? For example, there are 50 Elektronika-1's on ebay right now. I assume there would be some mention of WUS on the caseback and/or it would be numbered...
    At the moment we don't have many details on a possible LED watch, what I have been told they can make something somewhat similar to the Garlach:

With the same or very similar LED screen, I assume.

As usual in these projects the more subscribers are and the more they are willing to pay for the single watch the more "special" the result will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    All of those broad ideas are appealing to me, to varying degrees.

The customised stock watch has the advantages of price and speed as well as being a simple way for us to express our identity as forum members. Some of us would probably get more than one.

On the other hand, helping Technochas to launch the new steel case is a very special opportunity. I'm very keen to get the full details on that. Is it the same super-thin profile as the current models or is it more chunky like the older watches?

Going fully retro opens up some intriguing possibilities. Personally, I'd favour going beyond a straight replication, but rather to add something extra to an old design. And I'd like to know more about the LED module options. Is it real LED or some kind of LCD hybrid?
    For what I have been told the prototype case is based on Soviet drawings of the Elektronika 55 from the late 80s, so slimline 1:1 replica, just in steel. Later they would like to improve the design with wider buttons etc...

For the LED I understand it will be like the Garlach one, therefore a real thing, if we want a SS reissue of the Electronika 1 we might ask, if we are going to get enough people interested it might be doable.

The LCD option would be a SS cased version of the Electronika B6 02, the first Soviet digital watch (not the B6 03 also known as Electronika 1), that is stylistically similar and unlike the B6 03 is hard to find in good conditions:

Name:  elektronika_b6-02_4.jpg
Views: 237
Size:  55.1 KB

In this case I understand they would use the module 60 with large digits they are developing.
    Last edited by cuthbert; February 26th, 2019 at 15:41.
    miquel99 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    On the other hand, helping Technochas to launch the new steel case is a very special opportunity.
    This is the only reason I seriously consider joining, esp. if red-LED. And cheap (well: I am, too).

Even if I found these things absurd when they were available, and the later LCD’s less so, but plain ugly :-D

Omg, Is there a Brits’ forum working now on a stainless steel Sinclair, made by Dyson of course...

Before gray hair, that’s a sure sign of aging: you get nostalgic of a Thatcher-Andropov time piece... Let’s call the project «.Dementia.»!
    tokareva, 103ssv, Chascomm and 1 others like this.

I will probably stay out. I reasonably can't buy everything and this is too far from the main theme of my collection (a very common focus on Vostok Amphibias).
    tokareva and PanKorop like this.

I am interested in all of the options so far. A stainless steel Elektronika 1 being the most interesting. Even if we go with the cheapest option it still has the advantage of being unique as well as very inexpensive. Looking forward to see how this develops!

This is an example of the basic module 60D with positive and negative LCD they are producing (it appears they want to make the modules themselves instead of relying on Integral):

These are the ones with large digits instead of the usual small ones.

I repost here their 2018 proposal for the B6 02 with brass case:

Name:  60_015.png
Views: 207
Size:  109.6 KB

This was another proposal for a retro watch but with the latest multifunctional module completely on the other side of the spectrum (2nd timezone, 24h chrono, timer, DST, multi alarms...).

Just to give people an idea of what they can do today even without steel case...we already posted that but since the thread is locked I think it's good to keep them here as reference.
    Attached Images Attached Images

miquel99 and RFollia like this.

I'm interested in a stainless steel version of the Elektronika 55.
    Dave_Hedgehog likes this.

24h

I would probably be in if we went with the Elektronika 55 in steel and did not go above the $100 estimation.
    Don't particularly like the design of the Elektronika 1 and I couldn't see myself wearing it.

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

Page 2 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread Information