WUS project 2019 - Electronika. - Page 23

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a forum digital watch?

Voters
110. This poll is closed
  • Yes

84 76.36%
  • No

26 23.64%
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Re: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    What is the problem with the W logo on the front of the watch?

I realize that some people don't care much, but some are strongly opposed. I've never really understood why somebody would want to participate in a collaborative design exercise but want to obscure the identity of the community that designed it, as if it is embarrassing.
    You can count me in the strongly opposed category.

In my opinion, WUS is way too broad. It's a huge forum, and includes everyone from Rolex owners to repairers of ancient carriage clocks. It's like putting the Facebook logo on your watch just because you joined a small Facebook group with some cool people and designed a watch together. Why do I want to walk around with an advertisement for an online watch forum on my wrist?

On the other hand, putting "designed by a small subset of the F10 subforum on Watchuseek" on a watch is also a bit cumbersome. My preference is either leaving it off entirely, putting something subtle on the caseback, or else making our own logo/symbol that represents this particular collaborative effort.

It's standard practice to identify the forum on a project watch. I have 4 project watches and 2 on the way from 5 different watch forums. They all identify the forum on the caseback, never the subforum.
    That being said, for the digital project I'm fine with "W" on the front or back.
    Carl.1 and Dub Rubb like this.

Quote Originally Posted by 24h View Post
    Just one thin stripe, or a few? Not very nice on the eyes

Attachment 13966149
    For what it's worth, I think the W logo looks fine on this design. In fact it is quite discrete. 24h has done a great job. I doubt that anyone who isn't a watch nerd will even notice the logo. It is because you are a watch nerd that you do.

I say stick with the logo. It is WUS designed and should be WUS branded.

Sekondtime

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

24h

Quote Originally Posted by Sekondtime View Post
    For what it's worth, I think the W logo looks fine on this design. In fact it is quite discrete. 24h has done a great job. I doubt that anyone who isn't a watch nerd will even notice the logo. It is because you are a watch nerd that you do.

I say stick with the logo. It is WUS designed and should be WUS branded.

Sekondtime
    But the question is: Do we NEED WUS on the dial or can we follow suit of all the other project watches and add it to the caseback?
    I'm not a fan of the previous version I did with three horizontal lines on top, but if you have something else in mind I'd be happy to do a mock-up for you
    Chascomm and Dub Rubb like this.

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

Quote Originally Posted by 24h View Post
    But the question is: Do we NEED WUS on the dial or can we follow suit of all the other project watches and add it to the caseback?
    I'm not a fan of the previous version I did with three horizontal lines on top, but if you have something else in mind I'd be happy to do a mock-up for you
    I think it is so discrete that you can keep the logo on the dial. Digital watches often have all sorts of icon images and so it doesn't look out of place.

As far as the three lines are concerned. I like them on the design as they are in keeping with the cross hairs of the logo. However, I can appreciate that in the real thing it may not work. But that can probably only be judged with an actual sample dial in your hand.

Not sure that helps

Quote Originally Posted by mariomart View Post
    Fricken scary!!!!!!!!!!
    Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. ~Carl Sandburg

Few answers from Technochas:

1) Negative display for 55: they recommend not to go for it because of readibility issues and the minimum order would be pretty high. However if we decide to make a watch with the 60D module that has negative display as the segments are much bigger.

2) Reprogramming the songs of the 5X and 77 module would require a redesign of the IC.

3) The stainless steel case they are working on that fits the 5X and the 77 modules, they are 1:1 copies of the Soviet E-55 case as in Soviet time each 5X watch had a different design (this is obvious with the 53 case, more subtle with the 54 case)

4) Laser engraving the back is OK!
    Chascomm and Dub Rubb like this.

I don't really have a dog in this fight since I voted no for the digital watch anyhow. However, my understanding is there is no W in Cyrillic to begin with, so adding anything other than Cyrillic just looks cheesy or cheap to me, sorry if that's offensive.
    I love the forum, but the WUS logo on the dial...

I also say if it's that important, replace Electronica on the dial with WATCHUSEEK...loud and proud!
    Last edited by tokareva; March 12th, 2019 at 01:55.
    ohhenry1 and Chascomm like this.

Quote Originally Posted by tokareva View Post
    I don't really have a dog in this fight since I voted no for the digital watch anyhow. However, my understanding is there is no W in Cyrillic to begin with, so adding anything other than Cyrillic just looks cheesy or cheap to me, sorry if that's offensive.
    I love the forum, but the WUS logo on the dial...

I also say if it's that important, replace Electronica on the dial with WATCHUSEEK...loud and proud!
    Watchuseek on watchface=non event
    Caseback= that's cool....just as long as it's tastefully done
    Stainless case is a must for me
    LCD .....mmm not too sure,but I'm likin the lume tape thang
    LED is my preferred choice if it can be achieved though
    As far as redesign of IC for sounds....I know a few guys who might be persuaded to have a look see....so ya never know?
    tokareva and Chascomm like this.
    Time is the coin of your life. It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent. Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you. ~Carl Sandburg

Duplo postido......feckin barstadido
    Danilao likes this.

Page 23 of 43 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread Information