WUS project 2019 - Electronika. - Page 29

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a forum digital watch?

Voters
110. This poll is closed
  • Yes

84 76.36%
  • No

26 23.64%
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Re: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Quick idea with the caseback - maybe something resembling a circuit diagram but with information about the forum project and the year, etc. I don't know if this would be too complex/expensive to make. I just googled electronic watch circuit diagram and made a quick and dirty 10 second edit to try convey this:

Name:  clock-circuit-diagram.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  67.0 KB

Obviously put everything in Russian and use better font and a more accurate diagram.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RFollia View Post
    Difficult decision to choose between these lovely designs. I would like to congratulate all the designers for their effort
    The SS case, let's go for it.
    But, if the different melodies require an IC redesign, better not to, or there is another module, which my Elektronika has, the ЧН-01, but I don't know if that would fit in the ss case. The display is bigger than the 55 or the 77 so the negative version could prove easier to read. The problem is that this module is more expensive and don't know if still being made, as there is only one watch available with it, so sticking with what we have sounds like a better idea...
    Yes, the modules that have larger digits require a larger case. As Technochas have recommended against negative display for the modules that are compatible with the new case, we should probably let that idea rest for now.

I have a theory that high quality lume behind the LCD might cure the readability issue, but that is something best left to the enterprising modders amongst us. Anybody that feels up to the challenge of re-engineering their Elektronika should look up the relevant threads on the G-Shock and Digital forums detailing various experiments with lume and positive/negative display conversions.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by vintorez View Post
    Quick idea with the caseback - maybe something resembling a circuit diagram but with information about the forum project and the year, etc. I don't know if this would be too complex/expensive to make. I just googled electronic watch circuit diagram and made a quick and dirty 10 second edit to try convey this:

Name:  clock-circuit-diagram.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  67.0 KB

Obviously put everything in Russian and use better font and a more accurate diagram.
    Do you know the caseback has a diameter of 30mm?
    Chascomm likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have been looking at the very interesting Technochas' blog and have found very interesting posts
    -One regarding the module 55 with the display of the ЧН-01
    ?????????? ? ????????

-Another one regarding new front crystals for the 52 series with lots of designs
    ????? ??????? ?????? ??? ???????????-52 ? ????????

-Belarussian theme decoration
    ???? ? ???????????? ?????????? ? ????????

-And the one I bought in Minsk in september 2017, but I don't see this model in today's lineup
    ???? ? ????? ??????? ?????????? ? ????????

-And the special commission from the "Volan" manufacturer/distributor of sports equipment (mainly tennis and badminton)
    ????????? «?????» ? ????????

Best regards to all
    PanKorop likes this.

I have been looking at the very interesting Technochas' blog and have found very interesting posts
    ?????????? ? ????????

-Another one regarding new front crystals for the 52 series with lots of designs
    ????? ??????? ?????? ??? ???????????-52 ? ????????

-Belarussian theme decoration
    ???? ? ???????????? ?????????? ? ????????

-And the one I bought in Minsk in september 2017, but I don't see this model in today's lineup
    ???? ? ????? ??????? ?????????? ? ????????

-And the special commission from the "Volan" manufacturer/distributor of sports equipment (mainly tennis and badminton)
    ????????? «?????» ? ????????

Best regards to all
    With some browsers, or Tapatalk redirect, those may work better in this format:

http://www.technochas.ru/blog/category/design/

http://www.technochas.ru/blog/2019/0...82;и-52/

http://www.technochas.ru/blog/2017/0...#1086;м/

http://www.technochas.ru/blog/2017/0...#1078;е/

http://www.technochas.ru/blog/2019/0...085;/#more-264
    RFollia and miquel99 like this.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

?????????? ? ????????
    Please note the case shown in that picture. By using a larger display, the 55D module is the same size as the 01 module and therefore will not fit in the 55 case. The new steel case is a 55 case.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    Please note the case shown in that picture. By using a larger display, the 55D module is the same size as the 01 module and therefore will not fit in the 55 case. The new steel case is a 55 case.
    Did you order the 55D out of curiosity? One watch was on the website but it was sold quickly.

In regards to the squared Ф10 logo, I think it looks too close to the Chinese character 中. This means middle and happens to also be the first character in the Chinese word for China. If people all over the world may see this watch, keep in mind that our logo may be mistaken as something else and requires careful design.

I am also curious to see people's ideas on thematic or stealth designs. I read the following from Russian Times article on space watches:
    "Based on available footage it would appear that from about 1980 digital watches enjoyed widespread use in the Soviet space program. This is most likely due to the majority of missions being long duration within the confines of a space station. Under such circumstances, a compact watch with built-in alarm and chronograph would be highly useful."

This makes me think of the Mir space station, which I think I saw mentioned in one of these project threads before. A Mir themed digital could be interesting.

Also interested to see stealth designs. These probably have more mass appeal, but I find the technical/thematic more interesting.
    schieper likes this.

I like the Mir idea. But stealth ....meh, loath the idea.
    If I fail to reply to your inane post just assume you are on the ignore list.

I bought a knackered clock.... https://carlsclock.blogspot.com/ Updated 29/4/19

Quote Originally Posted by haejuk View Post
    In regards to the squared Ф10 logo, I think it looks too close to the Chinese character 中. This means middle and happens to also be the first character in the Chinese word for China. If people all over the world may see this watch, keep in mind that our logo may be mistaken as something else and requires careful design.

I am also curious to see people's ideas on thematic or stealth designs. I read the following from Russian Times article on space watches:
    "Based on available footage it would appear that from about 1980 digital watches enjoyed widespread use in the Soviet space program. This is most likely due to the majority of missions being long duration within the confines of a space station. Under such circumstances, a compact watch with built-in alarm and chronograph would be highly useful."

This makes me think of the Mir space station, which I think I saw mentioned in one of these project threads before. A Mir themed digital could be interesting.

Also interested to see stealth designs. These probably have more mass appeal, but I find the technical/thematic more interesting.
    I think very few people outside China knows the meaning of "Zhong guo" and even less that "Zhong" is written in that form, IMO phi 10 is an unhappy idea from a graphic point of view and also because we would like people from other WUS boards (digital, affordable, Casio) to join our project. So far all WUS project has been "WUS" projects, not subforum ones.

For the Electronikas in space, I think I have see just one picture of a Soviet Cosmonaut wearing a 5X (cannot say the model from the official picture). Of course at that time the 55 was the first watch available in the USSR with full calendar, countdown and stopwatch so it makes sense to use it in space, however I am against commemorative watches as they have been abused and to be honest I think we should focus of design a watch that anybody would use everyday at work, or in their spare time, instead of making a novelty.
    24h likes this.

Page 29 of 43 FirstFirst ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... LastLast

Thread Information