WUS project 2019 - Electronika. - Page 30

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a forum digital watch?

Voters
110. This poll is closed
  • Yes

84 76.36%
  • No

26 23.64%
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Re: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

I totally respect your opinion. I just wanted to fill in the blank for the picture you are talking about. I think you are referring to the below picture where he is wearing a 52b Belarusian module:

Name:  Viktor_Afanasyev.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  118.1 KB

I think the technical direction is probably best after consideration.
    24h, schieper and Danilao like this.

Quote Originally Posted by haejuk View Post
    I totally respect your opinion. I just wanted to fill in the blank for the picture you are talking about. I think you are referring to the below picture where he is wearing a 52b Belarusian module:

Name:  Viktor_Afanasyev.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  118.1 KB

I think the technical direction is probably best after consideration.
    I doubt that watch is a 52B as the waterproof version came out later (for what I remember, on that dial it is clearly written "made in Belarus") and also the 52 doesn't have timer, or stopwatch, it just has a simple alarm, hourly signal and doesn't even show the day of the week.

From that picture it might be a 55 as well like the one I own.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    I think very few people outside China knows the meaning of "Zhong guo" and even less that "Zhong" is written in that form, IMO phi 10 is an unhappy idea from a graphic point of view and also because we would like people from other WUS boards (digital, affordable, Casio) to join our project. So far all WUS project has been "WUS" projects, not subforum ones.

For the Electronikas in space, I think I have see just one picture of a Soviet Cosmonaut wearing a 5X (cannot say the model from the official picture). Of course at that time the 55 was the first watch available in the USSR with full calendar, countdown and stopwatch so it makes sense to use it in space, however I am against commemorative watches as they have been abused and to be honest I think we should focus of design a watch that anybody would use everyday at work, or in their spare time, instead of making a novelty.
    Seconded. Good call on the watch being for all WUS.

haejuk, neat picture with the watch on Afanasyev's wrist.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

In regards to the squared Ф10 logo, I think it looks too close to the Chinese character 中. This means middle and happens to also be the first character in the Chinese word for China. If people all over the world may see this watch, keep in mind that our logo may be mistaken as something else and requires careful design.
    So true! Why distress sinologists with this sole Chinese character on top of a dial entirely written in Mongolian script?

Meanwhile, seeing the rounded, not squared design, Belgians all over the world thought the watch was a Tintin commemorative project, from the 4th album titled «.Cigars of the Pharaoh.»! Hearsay goes they’re intent on suing us for copyright infringement...

24h

These are just concepts for the time being. I would really like to begin the process of everyone voting on specific design elements.
    Are we waiting for something like word from Technochas that they are able to produce steel cases, ability to print custom dials, etc?

There seems to be enough interest, and due to the relative low cost of production we might be able to do two dial variants (with some people probably buying both).
    schieper and tokareva like this.

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

Also interested to see stealth designs. These probably have more mass appeal, but I find the technical/thematic more interesting.
    A negative display has already been ruled out for technical reasons, and I don’t think you can really do a ‘stealth’ design justice without one.

Quote Originally Posted by 24h View Post
    These are just concepts for the time being. I would really like to begin the process of everyone voting on specific design elements.
    Are we waiting for something like word from Technochas that they are able to produce steel cases, ability to print custom dials, etc?
    They always made custom dials and they even advertise it on the website, for the SS cases that was a recent update.

At the moment in order to have a meaningful vote on the options I asked Soruk to confirm if they can make the B6-02 homage and the LED watch, which price, minimum order, time etc...but this week he couldn't go to Minsk to talk to the director.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Hedgehog View Post
    A negative display has already been ruled out for technical reasons, and I don’t think you can really do a ‘stealth’ design justice without one.
    Negative display just with the minimalist module 60D (see below). We can ask for a B6 02 inspired chunky digital watch from the 70s with that module, and the display might be negative if we wish to do it.

????????-50 ? ????????-50? ? ????????

???? ? ????????? ??? ? ????????

I think a B6 02 styled case with this module and negative display might be a good idea, but of course we need to have a confirmation they can recreate something with that style.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by cuthbert; March 13th, 2019 at 22:21.
    24h and Chascomm like this.

24h

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Hedgehog View Post

Name:  Electronika_front.png
Views: 78
Size:  43.8 KB
    cuthbert and 103ssv like this.

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

That's a nice sketch, but I think the issue is that with negative displays you can get a clear image if the segments are tall and fat, the digits on the Electronika 55 are quite small, I don't think it's doable.

...and the minimum order for special LCD screens is 10.000.
    24h and Chascomm like this.

24h

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    That's a nice sketch, but I think the issue is that with negative displays you can get a clear image if the segments are tall and fat, the digits on the Electronika 55 are quite small, I don't think it's doable.

...and the minimum order for special LCD screens is 10.000.
    Not to mention how hard they are to read at certain angles

Name:  IMG-7413.JPG
Views: 78
Size:  370.2 KB
    cuthbert and Carl.1 like this.

Page 30 of 43 FirstFirst ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... LastLast

Thread Information