WUS project 2019 - Electronika. - Page 35

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a forum digital watch?

Voters
110. This poll is closed
  • Yes

84 76.36%
  • No

26 23.64%
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast
    24h

Re: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    So the score, last I checked, is 76 'yes' and 24 'no'.

Most of the Yes votes will be from regular forum contributors, although there have been a few people appear to have signed on from outside to register their interest. 76 is a solid body of interest, but we need to account for the fairly hard split between supporters of a major project with a retro custom case and supporters of a minor project with a standard steel case. We will need to construct a poll that clarifies interest in one kind or project or the other kind, or those who are open to both. My instinct at this point tells me we won't have quite the numbers for a major retro project.

Of the No votes, we can safely presume that they are only regular contributors to this forum who are certain to not participate in any kind of Elektronika project, as it would be illogical to visit this forum for the first time merely to register disinterest in a project. So this is 24 regulars who we can be sure will not be in on the project. The uncommitted are an unknown, but I am confident that the right project will attract additional interest as it progresses.
    If another vote shows that people prefer the cheaper LCD option, we should look into how much it will cost to produce a 2nd dial variant.
    In the event that we can keep the price per watch low and the two designs different enough, I'm sure that some participants will purchase one of each...
    Chascomm, Carl.1 and ohhenry1 like this.

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

Quote Originally Posted by 24h View Post
    If another vote shows that people prefer the cheaper LCD option, we should look into how much it will cost to produce a 2nd dial variant.
    In the event that we can keep the price per watch low and the two designs different enough, I'm sure that some participants will purchase one of each...
    That's not a bad idea at all!

Now that I've been browsing through this and some other threads concerning Electronikas, I noticed the Poljot bracelet cuthbert and some other people have. If we are going with the basic project and a standard steel case, I, for one, would also be interested in a Russian/Belarussian steel bracelet fitting the style and heritage of the watch. Maybe, if there would be enough interest, Technochas could source something nice for us? Just an idea that popped into my head.
    24h, fx2243, cuthbert and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by jrantasa View Post
    That's not a bad idea at all!

Now that I've been browsing through this and some other threads concerning Electronikas, I noticed the Poljot bracelet cuthbert and some other people have. If we are going with the basic project and a standard steel case, I, for one, would also be interested in a Russian/Belarussian steel bracelet fitting the style and heritage of the watch. Maybe, if there would be enough interest, Technochas could source something nice for us? Just an idea that popped into my head.
    I already pointed out the Poljot bracelt compliments the Electronika 5X well and they should try to find out a supplier (even in China) to make a similar designed but with improved modern quality.

The other bracelet design I would love to be reissues is the classic Electronika form the early 80, 20mm tapering to 16mm:

This is another example of Soviet/post Soviet bracelet that doesn't look like a Casio but works well with these watches:

If the project works and there is enough interested we might ask for a reissue of this style as well...what I have learnt so far is those watches to be enjoyed need a nice and comfortable bracelet than can be sized for different wrists otherwise people will not wear, IMO they look completely out of place with leather straps that might however work on a B6-02, B6-03 or a B6-202. Even old LED Pulsars had nice leather straps, but their shape allowed them to do that.

So the score, last I checked, is 76 'yes' and 24 'no'.

Most of the Yes votes will be from regular forum contributors, although there have been a few people appear to have signed on from outside to register their interest. 76 is a solid body of interest, but we need to account for the fairly hard split between supporters of a major project with a retro custom case and supporters of a minor project with a standard steel case. We will need to construct a poll that clarifies interest in one kind or project or the other kind, or those who are open to both. My instinct at this point tells me we won't have quite the numbers for a major retro project.
    I cannot open a second poll until Surok55 comes back and tell us exactly how much a watch with LED module or a vintage B6 -02 homage will cost, how many partecipants he needs and the delivery time.
    Last edited by cuthbert; March 18th, 2019 at 02:00.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    The other bracelet design I would love to be reissues is the classic Electronika form the early 80, 20mm tapering to 16mm:

Oh yes, this looks very nice indeed!
    cuthbert and RFollia like this.

24h

Just found this over at watch.ru
    Would be very cool if Technochas is able to do the 55 case in steel with a 2-piece screwed caseback.

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Views: 133
Size:  560.3 KB

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 24h View Post
    Just found this over at watch.ru
    Would be very cool if Technochas is able to do the 55 case in steel with a 2-piece screwed caseback.

Name:  Untitled-1.jpg
Size:  560.3 KB
    Right now I'm happy to see the 55 case in steel, but as a future project, I would certainly like to see a resurrection of the B6-207 case in steel, as it has openings for 4 pushers and plenty of room for possible module enhancements.

Name:  b6-big.jpg
Size:  44.3 KB

24h, RFollia, miquel99 and 3 others like this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Right now I'm happy to see the 55 case in steel, but as a future project, I would certainly like to see a resurrection of the B6-207 case in steel, as it has openings for 4 pushers and plenty of room for possible module enhancements.

Name:  b6-big.jpg
Size:  44.3 KB

Lovely....

steel bracelet... white face?

Name:  s-l1600 (1).jpg
Views: 121
Size:  181.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by L-800 View Post
    steel bracelet... white face?

Name:  s-l1600 (1).jpg
Views: 121
Size:  181.0 KB
    Oh I love!

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

That white dial is like the negative version of the Stealth style. My personal preference is to have a bit more colour, but hang on to that photo because the minimalism of the design suggests a range of possibilities.
    cuthbert likes this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Page 35 of 43 FirstFirst ... 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread Information