WUS project 2019 - Electronika. - Page 40

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a forum digital watch?

Voters
110. This poll is closed
  • Yes

84 76.36%
  • No

26 23.64%
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Re: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    Not yet. We do not yet have a project. this is just a discussion to gauge interest. A project proposal cannot be submitted to the site admin until we know what kind of project it will be. Some details are currently being sought regarding one of the possible options (the retro watch). Then we will be able to poll the two options that look viable and seek approval for a project on the basis of the poll winner.

Of the 4 options originally discussed, the stock plated-brass case with custom dial is no longer viable as the new steel 55 case is available, and Technochas management have ruled out the LED watch as being too different to their current production. This leaves two possibilities:

1. An all-steel 55 model with our own dial design (fast, affordable, easy to achieve)
    2. A custom case in the style of an early Soviet digital (more expensive, longer more difficult project)

The differences between these two options are so great that we can't seek approval for a project until we know which sort it will be.
    Why not both? One - short term (the first one) for the 2019 year project, second - long term that would be delivered in 2020-2021?

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk
    stevarad and RFollia like this.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by oldfox View Post
    Why not both? One - short term (the first one) for the 2019 year project, second - long term that would be delivered in 2020-2021?
    It is an idea worth exploring, however there is more risk involved in committing to multiple simultaneous projects with the same supplier. This is the sort of thing that the administrator will make a judgement on.

I personally favour a simple project to establish Technochas's capacity to deliver, thus reducing the risk on a later more challenging project. But the next poll will determine if that is what the membership want.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

Quote Originally Posted by Chascomm View Post
    It is an idea worth exploring, however there is more risk involved in committing to multiple simultaneous projects with the same supplier. This is the sort of thing that the administrator will make a judgement on.

I personally favour a simple project to establish Technochas's capacity to deliver, thus reducing the risk on a later more challenging project. But the next poll will determine if that is what the membership want.
    Sure, According to PM and risk assessment the best option is:
    1. To run the first simple project to check technical abilities and management skils (standing in time of the project) of the supplier.
    2. Than run the second project, more complicated, if after first project delivered members would be stil interested in affordable LED watch from this supplier.

Personally I would be still interested in LED after SS elektronika )

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I loved this “easter egg” to the quality mark

I like the quality mark style logo too, but someone indicated Technochas wouldn’t be keen to use Soviet logos when it isn’t a Soviet watch. I’m just suggesting options in the event we can’t use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Hedgehog View Post
    I like the quality mark style logo too, but someone indicated Technochas wouldn’t be keen to use Soviet logos when it isn’t a Soviet watch. I’m just suggesting options in the event we can’t use it.
    But it's not a Soviet logo per se, it's homage / commemorative logo.
    Danilao likes this.

But it's not a Soviet logo per se, it's homage / commemorative logo.
    Which is for Technochas to consider when deciding if they are happy to include it or not. I agree the intention of the logo is as an homage, but I can also understand why Technochas wouldn’t want to use it.
    PanKorop likes this.

100% agree with oldfox

Послато са SM-N950F уз помоћ Тапатока
    PanKorop likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave_Hedgehog View Post
    I agree 105%, David, and I like your moderate approach, but...
    “Someone indicated” ? Someone else wrote the Christ was born in Crimea; no kidding (I mean, the author was, but many readers took seriously it for gospel).
    Who documented the manufacturer is so squeamish ? More importantly: was the question ever asked to him, with illustration ?
    The fun thing is this logo hijack doesn’t shock hard-core Russian, R.F. dwelling members, who presumably would be more touchy on the matter : see for instance Oldfox just above... C’mon, please : it ain’t a Soviet logo, just a reference wink.

Am I mislead we’re talking of an 80’s, totally passé, LCD retro watch revival? Please don’t make it “serious”, else all work and no play will make it a dull boy.
    oldfox, 24h and Danilao like this.

Quote Originally Posted by PanKorop View Post
    I agree 105%, David, and I like your moderate approach, but...
    “Someone indicated” ? Someone else wrote the Christ was born in Crimea; no kidding (I mean, the author was, but many readers took seriously it for gospel).
    Who documented the manufacturer is so squeamish ? More importantly: was the question ever asked to him, with illustration ?
    The fun thing is this logo hijack doesn’t shock hard-core Russian, R.F. dwelling members, who presumably would be more touchy on the matter : see for instance Oldfox just above... C’mon, please : it ain’t a Soviet logo, just a reference wink.

Am I mislead we’re talking of an 80’s, totally passé, LCD retro watch revival? Please don’t make it “serious”, else all work and no play will make it a dull boy.
    I was referring to cuthbert’s earlier comment:
    Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    Technochas has always refused to use Soviet marks and "sdelano i CCCP" because they rightfully think it would be a fake.

Plus I still remember a certain Italian "expert" who tried to sell fake Raketas with that seal of quality...that was a big scandal years ago. I'm strongly against it also because we don't want a novelty watch, right?
    This seems like an entirely reasonable concern to me. I also have no idea if there is any legal copyright or trademark restrictions that may apply.

Again, I just put forward an alternative idea in the event we couldn’t use the ‘quality mark’, I’m not trying to rule it out.
    PanKorop likes this.

Still, if it’s explicitly shown Ф10 at the middle of the pentagon (let’s call it so) - it cannot be recognized as USSR quality sign per se, only as homage for it. If they are using design developed at USSR and don’t think it’s a counterfeit, why they would think that using allusion to mark used in USSR would be counterfeit? I don’t understand such logic, while I’m pretty educated person (don’t want to show off, just a matter of fact, and yes, little bit a show off).

Page 40 of 43 FirstFirst ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread Information