WUS project 2019 - Electronika. - Page 41

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a forum digital watch?

Voters
110. This poll is closed
  • Yes

84 76.36%
  • No

26 23.64%
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Re: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

A big thank you to the staff running the project, especially to Comrade Chascomm for making it possible so far.
    IMHO I find the idea of 2 projects (short and long term) very attractive...
    Best regards
    PanKorop likes this.

Double post, sorry,

very interested in these projects!

recently got the full suit of 5x series liking them very much

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

24h

Maybe the translator I used was wrong, but I remember reading something on the Technochas blog.
    User: какой может быть «Made in USSR» в 2018 году? Зачем этот колхоз?
    Technochas: Согласен. Часы с надписью «Сделано в СССР» мы делать не будем, это было бы просто обманом, а вот стекла отдельно для ремонта советских часов или колхоза — возможно и сделаем.
    Perhaps they don't have an issue with any of this.

Sure we can design something if we want, but in the end approval is 100% up to the company manufacturing the product.

There is nothing distinctly Soviet about this logo in my opinion. "F10" replaces "CCCP" and underneath is a stylized and rotated cyrillic "K" for the Russian word for "quality".
    I don't know how people feel about things in that part of the world...maybe thoughts of the USSR leaves them with bad memories, or even happy thoughts about the friends and family they grew up with...

Anyways, I'm sure we are over-analyzing this. Lets wait for more info from Technochas and then get this project started!

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

Out of curiosity, anybody has an Electronika? If so you can check how big the dial and how thin that character would be... the chances are they won't be able to make a print so sharp.

They already said the proposal with three stripes behind Electronika would be too hard to print...the watch is small, not like what you see on a monitor.

However at the moment they are working at the B6-02 proposal and they have two specimens for the measurements.

Name:  IMG_5751.JPG
Views: 191
Size:  3.70 MB
    Last edited by cuthbert; April 4th, 2019 at 00:38.
    Kotsov likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by 24h View Post
    Maybe the translator I used was wrong, but I remember reading something on the Technochas blog.

Perhaps they don't have an issue with any of this.

Sure we can design something if we want, but in the end approval is 100% up to the company manufacturing the product.

There is nothing distinctly Soviet about this logo in my opinion. "F10" replaces "CCCP" and underneath is a stylized and rotated cyrillic "K" for the Russian word for "quality".
    I don't know how people feel about things in that part of the world...maybe thoughts of the USSR leaves them with bad memories, or even happy thoughts about the friends and family they grew up with...

Anyways, I'm sure we are over-analyzing this. Lets wait for more info from Technochas and then get this project started!
    Oh, as I see the dialogue was as following:
    User: How can it be «Made in USSR» at 2018? What a stupidity?
    Technochas: Agreed. Watch with sign «Made in USSR» we would not make, it would be just a deception, but glasses separately with mark «Made in USSR» - oldfox comment> for repair USSR watches or for modds - we possibly would do.

So it would not be a problem with a pentagon with Ф10 inside.
    24h, Chascomm, tokareva and 1 others like this.

Sorry for my absence here, it was a lot of work this week.

We've prepared sketches for "B6-02" styled watches in new stainless steel cases with our new module 50D (of course, we can install any other module with same size: 55D, 01 etc.). Glass is tempered mineral, screw caseback with laser engraving, 20mm lugs. Approximately price will be 100 USD.

We discussed this the case form with mr.Cuhbert, and our opinions were different about it.

I think the most preferable is this one, known by russian watchmakers as "pillow". It is the most typical for B6-02, also it was designed first of all. Regarding future manufacturing, we can make metal mask (as on original watch) and can obtain good water resistance due to round glass.

Name:  Pillow.png
Views: 689
Size:  100.7 KB

The "brick" form is also possible, but in this case we had to make glued painted glass, and i'm not sure of WR quality. Also, original watch has curved glass (like top surface of the case), it will make manufacturing more expensive. And my personal opinion is that it looks strange with big LCD (original's LCD was much smaller).

Name:  Brick.png
Views: 682
Size:  88.9 KB

Also, if anyone wants do draw his own sketch -- welcome, i can send you a drawing of LCD in SVG format.

24h

Quote Originally Posted by Surok55 View Post
    Sorry for my absence here, it was a lot of work this week.

We've prepared sketches for "B6-02" styled watches in new stainless steel cases with our new module 50D (of course, we can install any other module with same size: 55D, 01 etc.). Glass is tempered mineral, screw caseback with laser engraving, 20mm lugs. Approximately price will be 100 USD.

We discussed this the case form with mr.Cuhbert, and our opinions were different about it.

I think the most preferable is this one, known by russian watchmakers as "pillow". It is the most typical for B6-02, also it was designed first of all. Regarding future manufacturing, we can make metal mask (as on original watch) and can obtain good water resistance due to round glass.

The "brick" form is also possible, but in this case we had to make glued painted glass, and i'm not sure of WR quality. Also, original watch has curved glass (like top surface of the case), it will make manufacturing more expensive. And my personal opinion is that it looks strange with big LCD (original's LCD was much smaller).

Also, if anyone wants do draw his own sketch -- welcome, i can send you a drawing of LCD in SVG format.
    Cool sketches! Is the threaded caseback a standard one-piece, or is it a two-piece design like seen in many Russian watches?
    Do you also plans to continue with designs of the Electronika 55 in stainless steel or are you focusing on the B6-02 design now?

P.S. I would like to check out the SVG files.
    I don't have much experience working with vector formats other than shapes generated in Photoshop but it would be fun to learn in Illustrator/Inkscape.

My YouTube Channel for watch modding and I​nstagram for (mostly) Russian watches

Quote Originally Posted by 24h View Post
    Cool sketches! Is the threaded caseback a standard one-piece, or is it a two-piece design like seen in many Russian watches?
    Do you also plans to continue with designs of the Electronika 55 in stainless steel or are you focusing on the B6-02 design now?

P.S. I would like to check out the SVG files.
    I don't have much experience working with vector formats other than shapes generated in Photoshop but it would be fun to learn in Illustrator/Inkscape.
    The idea is to have a poll of the SS 55 (or any other module that can fit that case) against these ideas. IMO the "brick" looks very good, I didn't get why the tup surface must be curved but yes, with a substantial bracelet it would be a very good "dress" digital, something that I haven't seen since the 70s.
    24h likes this.

24h

Quote Originally Posted by cuthbert View Post
    The idea is to have a poll of the SS 55 (or any other module that can fit that case) against these ideas. IMO the "brick" looks very good, I didn't get why the tup surface must be curved but yes, with a substantial bracelet it would be a very good "dress" digital, something that I haven't seen since the 70s.
    I personally still like the 55 case the most out of all the case designs (just not a fan of hooded lugs).
    I'm remembering the 2000 RUB estimate for the SS 55...this was with a snap-on caseback? Now I'm curious if we can get an estimate for including a screw-on.

Probably before doing a poll, it would be a good idea to have for each of the three designs:
    1. Estimated price and minimum quantity
    2. Case design image (front + back) only showing the module (blank dial and caseback)
    3. Water resistance (Y/N)

Page 41 of 43 FirstFirst ... 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 LastLast

Thread Information