WUS project 2019 - Electronika. - Page 5

View Poll Results: Are you interested in a forum digital watch?

Voters
110. This poll is closed
  • Yes

84 76.36%
  • No

26 23.64%
Like Tree722Likes

Thread: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Re: WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

Quote Originally Posted by miquel99 View Post
    I voted yes!! I think its a great idea, In my opinion the question about the gerlash in RE forum seems a little bit ridiculous(Im member there) all the forums made watches with amphibias, why not a digital/led watch?

Some of my watches

Attachment 13928719

Attachment 13928721

Attachment 13928723

Attachment 13928725

Attachment 13928727

Attachment 13928729

Attachment 13928731
    That teal colloured one is cool.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk
    miquel99 likes this.
    SAFETY WARNING: Above writings are produced by an individual with mental health issues.

Quote Originally Posted by tokareva View Post
    Ok, that's what I thought, too much like looking at a TV that's turned off.

I would be interested to know what was supposed to have been the advantage of LED over analog to begin with.
    That is a legit question, at the moment the poll is generic and it just asks if the members would be interested in a digital watch. If we get the "critical mass" I propose to open another poll with the options available once they have been confirmed by Technochas.

Surok always told me they could not make a LED watch until he saw the Garlach, but from my side I agree a LCD watch is more convenient to use, however if the Will of the People is to go LED and it's feasible for Technochas I will conform.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchassasin View Post
    I really liked the digital amphibian idea that was proposed awhile back when Elbrus was chosen. But maybe that was too wild and out of the box to get produced.
    That wasn't too wild, it was Technochas' intention: they approached Vostok and asked if they could have a collaboration to make a 200mt multifunction digital watch but they were turned down.

Edit: I attach here the pdf file with all the modules produced by Technochas that can be selected for the project, as you can see there is a good choice between small and large digits, simple watches or programmable multi-alarms or multi-function module even more sophisticated than Casio modules available on basic G shock.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by cuthbert; February 27th, 2019 at 00:46.
    tokareva, Chascomm and L-800 like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fergfour View Post
    It's an honest question. And it's probably too early to get into details. For example, on an all stainless digital LED watch I can't see too many areas to customize. An engraving on the caseback would be one. Perhaps an engraving on the case.
    I agree with this thought. We have the opportunity to pay homage to a significant historical watch, but to take it further. There are other manufacturers currently producing classic LED watches; Gerlach is just one of them. So what are the most distinctive features of Elektronika-1? The obvious details for me are the stripes on the case, the matching bracelet and the unusual crystal design.

But the other way to take it further is in the opposite direction. Are there other features available for this LED module that makes it more than what the original was? The American Pulsar used an inertial switch for hands-free operation. Some recent Nixie watches have incorporated that feature, and they have become commonplace on smartwatches. Does this module support that feature?

Also, the reason I was asking earlier whether it was real LED or some hybrid tech is that if it is some kind of LCD with backlight, then there may be the option of a more feature-rich module than is usual for an LED. For instance, when did you last see an LED with the seconds on the main display? Wouldn't that be cool?

However, before we get too carried away with LED-mania, I should point out what I have learned from more than a decade's ownership of a 1970s DataTime LED:
    1. I quickly discovered that the display is not readable in full Western Australian sunlight. it is necessary to shade the watch with the other hand and squint. If you live in a generally cloudy place, then there is no problem.
    2. The digits seem to 'float' in space somewhere beneath the crystal. This is a very cool effect and photos do not do justice. But with my declining eyesight, I can no longer find the correct focal point without my reading glasses, so now it always appears blurry.
    3. With moderate use, the battery life is excellent, due to the display being mostly off. I think I'm only on my second set of batteries.

elsoldemayo and Horoticus like this.
    Chascomm
    Moderator, Russian Watches & Chinese Mechanical Watches Forums
    (no, I am not going to list all my watches here)

I'm in

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Vintage Raketa Big Zero
    Vintage Vostock Moscow 1980 Olympics
    Vintage Vostock Komandirskie (Ministry of Defence)
    2016 WUS Russian Amphibia Project
    Citizen BM8475-00F Black Canvas
    Citizen 8020-54L Blue Angels
    Seiko 5 SNK805
    Vintage Seiko 7009-8028
    Scurfa Bell Diver 1

http://instagram.com/thebowtiger/

Before I forget, I will just mention one of the features of the stock Technochas Elektronika (option 1) that some people may not have thought of (besides it being cheap and having a feature-rich module that includes digital rate-trimming):

At a mere 6.5mm it is likely to be the thinnest watch that you will ever own.
    PanKorop, miquel99, 24h and 2 others like this.
    Chascomm

Im interested in the stainless case LED and am committed to buying if it becomes available.

T3tan3k

Fun fact:

The Elektronika-1 remained in production so long that they only stopped a couple of years short of brands like Fossil reintroducing LED as a hipster accessory. Elektronika-1 just missed the wave. This is what a late example looked like:

Soviet Digital Electronics Museum -- Elektronika 1 electronic LED watch -- 1 --
    PanKorop and Horoticus like this.
    Chascomm

Horoticus likes this.
    Chascomm

Quote Originally Posted by joecool View Post
    It's super legible glowing goodness was a good part of the appeal (think star wars/trek come true)..
    See my comments above about how that actually plays in a sunny climate. I accept that you probably wouldn't know about that.
    LCD came next,and although it allowed for more info and functionality to be displayed continually.....it looked then as it does now,pretty boring,hard to see at certain viewing angles and the biggest bugbear in my opinion a crappy light that still made the display S#!+.... hard to read when darkness fell....nuff said!
    And that is definitely a weakness on my Elektronika 77A. Unless Technochas has picked up on some of the latest backlight technology, that will be a weakness. However...

It was mentioned in passing that with the development of the big digit modules, Technochas is starting to take on their own module assembly. So I have an idea that is maybe a bit speculative. If we aim for some retro homage (B6-02) in a chunky case rather than the standard super-thin item, then there should be plenty of room for the module. So how about backing the LCD screen with a panel of thick Superluminova? Over on the Digital forum, some of the members have had great success with cracking open Casio modules and inserting lume material behind the LCD.
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f296/l...h-2571370.html
    Could this be a way for Technochas to stand out from the competition?
    Chascomm

Page 5 of 43 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread Information