WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Are you interested in a forum digital watch?

• Yes

Votes: 84 76.4%
  • No

Votes: 26 23.6%
Status
Not open for further replies.

WUS project 2019 - Electronika.

50K views 421 replies 74 participants last post by  cuthbert 
#1 ·
After a discussion with Arizone and the moderation team we have agreed that for the next project we might investigate on the feasibility to have two project running on parallel work streams as we expect Technochas and Vostok (or Luch) to deliver their projects in a different timeframe (for a "simple" Electronika project the lead time should be about three months).

This thread is open to understand if there is enough support from the members of this board (and the digital forum as well) for a digital watch project, we can also discuss here what the members want as the options on the table are many.

These are the information we have so far:

1) For a "basic" project (that is defined as a stock Electronika watch with personalised dial of our choice) the minimum number of subscribers is 20, the price of the watch will be the same as the stock one selected (that would range from $26 to $38 according to the module chosen) and the lead time is about three months. Generally speaking at the moment Technochas watches have brass cases of different design we might choose, three different types of coatings (TiN, Chrome and another threatment that looks like steel) and

2) Technochas is working on a stainless steel version of the Electronika 55, as soon as the prototype is delivered they will show us and inform us on the minimum amount of watches they can produce, price, WR etc...the latest information is that the steel watch should not cost more than $100.

3) They also investigated on the possibility to make an homage to the first generation Electronika of the 70s, namely the B6 02, sketches are already distributed and with 100 subscribers we should be able to get the custom case at competitive price.

4) LED watch: Technochas said they are available to make a LED watch inspired to the Electronika 1 should this be the request of the forum, cost and order size to be discussed.

We invited their representative, Surok55, in this thread in order to interact with us and give us the latest information available...the first step is a simple question: is this idea of interest for you?

See less See more
#7 ·
I prefer a larger/chunkier digital so for me I think that means options 3 or 4. I know its very early, but how different could a WUS version of these be from readily available watches? For example, there are 50 Elektronika-1's on ebay right now. I assume there would be some mention of WUS on the caseback and/or it would be numbered...

#14 · (Edited)
At the moment we don't have many details on a possible LED watch, what I have been told they can make something somewhat similar to the Garlach:

With the same or very similar LED screen, I assume.

As usual in these projects the more subscribers are and the more they are willing to pay for the single watch the more "special" the result will be.

All of those broad ideas are appealing to me, to varying degrees.

The customised stock watch has the advantages of price and speed as well as being a simple way for us to express our identity as forum members. Some of us would probably get more than one.

On the other hand, helping Technochas to launch the new steel case is a very special opportunity. I'm very keen to get the full details on that. Is it the same super-thin profile as the current models or is it more chunky like the older watches?

Going fully retro opens up some intriguing possibilities. Personally, I'd favour going beyond a straight replication, but rather to add something extra to an old design. And I'd like to know more about the LED module options. Is it real LED or some kind of LCD hybrid?
For what I have been told the prototype case is based on Soviet drawings of the Elektronika 55 from the late 80s, so slimline 1:1 replica, just in steel. Later they would like to improve the design with wider buttons etc...

For the LED I understand it will be like the Garlach one, therefore a real thing, if we want a SS reissue of the Electronika 1 we might ask, if we are going to get enough people interested it might be doable.

The LCD option would be a SS cased version of the Electronika B6 02, the first Soviet digital watch (not the B6 03 also known as Electronika 1), that is stylistically similar and unlike the B6 03 is hard to find in good conditions:

Watch Fashion accessory Watch accessory Metal Pedometer

In this case I understand they would use the module 60 with large digits they are developing.

#12 ·
All of those broad ideas are appealing to me, to varying degrees.

The customised stock watch has the advantages of price and speed as well as being a simple way for us to express our identity as forum members. Some of us would probably get more than one.

On the other hand, helping Technochas to launch the new steel case is a very special opportunity. I'm very keen to get the full details on that. Is it the same super-thin profile as the current models or is it more chunky like the older watches?

Going fully retro opens up some intriguing possibilities. Personally, I'd favour going beyond a straight replication, but rather to add something extra to an old design. And I'd like to know more about the LED module options. Is it real LED or some kind of LCD hybrid?

#15 ·
On the other hand, helping Technochas to launch the new steel case is a very special opportunity.
This is the only reason I seriously consider joining, esp. if red-LED. And cheap (well: I am, too).

Even if I found these things absurd when they were available, and the later LCD's less so, but plain ugly :-D

Omg, Is there a Brits' forum working now on a stainless steel Sinclair, made by Dyson of course...

Before gray hair, that's a sure sign of aging: you get nostalgic of a Thatcher-Andropov time piece... Let's call the project «.Dementia.»!

#18 ·
This is an example of the basic module 60D with positive and negative LCD they are producing (it appears they want to make the modules themselves instead of relying on Integral):

These are the ones with large digits instead of the usual small ones.

I repost here their 2018 proposal for the B6 02 with brass case:

Parallel

This was another proposal for a retro watch but with the latest multifunctional module completely on the other side of the spectrum (2nd timezone, 24h chrono, timer, DST, multi alarms...).

Just to give people an idea of what they can do today even without steel case...we already posted that but since the thread is locked I think it's good to keep them here as reference.

Attachments

#26 · (Edited)
I voted yes!! I think its a great idea, In my opinion the question about the gerlash in RE forum seems a little bit ridiculous(Im member there) all the forums made watches with amphibias, why not a digital/led watch?

Some of my watches

Fashion accessory Wrist Jewellery Magenta Arm

View attachment 13928721

Watch Wrist Watch accessory Fashion accessory Metal

Watch Watch accessory Technology Wrist Fashion accessory

Watch Wrist Dive computer Technology Watch accessory

Watch Wrist Watch accessory Technology Electronic device

Watch Pedometer Wrist Health care Technology

#31 ·
In my opinion the question about the gerlash in RE forum seems a little bit ridiculous(Im member there) all the forums made watches with amphibias, why not a digital/led watch?
It's an honest question. And it's probably too early to get into details. For example, on an all stainless digital LED watch I can't see too many areas to customize. An engraving on the caseback would be one. Perhaps an engraving on the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.