I will get us started!
Like Tree44Likes

Thread: I will get us started!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

I will get us started!

Being a fan of Ball watches, particularly the Tritium, I have looked at Traser for awhile. I have never come across reviews and was wondering if anyone owns one. Please give us your thoughts, pros, cons and perhaps direction you would like to see Traser go. I will be first to start the thread but not to buy the watch!
    CMSgt Bo and PeladonWatch like this.

Traser Sponsor / Moderator

Re: I will get us started!

until we have more member's reviews, here is detailed review from abtw: https://www.ablogtowatch.com/traser-...tomatic-watch/
    CMSgt Bo likes this.

I have a P67 Officer Pro (107425).

It was early in my watch experience as I tried to decide what I liked and wanted. I was looking for some orange, some tritium, and some PVD. I found it all. It's a pretty great watch.

The tritium is obviously visible all night. When I compared it initially in a dark room to my SKX, I was disappointed because I didn't understand tritium or the human eye. It's my favorite night time watch. When I wake up, I can check easily to see if I need to get up or if I can go back to sleep. The tritium is not great in certain light conditions where ambient is a bit too light for it but a bit too dark to see the dial, but that's the case for many watches.

The numbers are lumed, but the lume is terrible - weak, and short-lived. I don't care about that, since tritium is the light.

It's thin, light, comfortable, and attractive.

My one issue with this particular watch is the black hands behind the tritium. You can see the tubes in daylight, but they mimic very small, thin hands. I like bigger hands for my older eyes. I'd much prefer to have the hands from the 107422 on this watch. I tried many times to contact Traser customer support and finally got through. They said they could order the hands from Switzerland and put them on for me. I never heard back, and contacting them was so difficult I pretty much gave up. I'm considering opening it up and painting them white, carefully, around the tubes.

So, all in all, it's a great watch. The only thing is, make sure you're sure about black hands, if that's a thing for you. If I didn't have this one, I'd probably get the 107422.

One of the 11 worst times for a wrist shot :

Name:  1205181622~3.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  372.6 KB
    Last edited by Weetabix; October 22nd, 2019 at 18:04.
    CMSgt Bo and schumacher62 like this.

I had a Nautic.

It was my first foray into tritium and this style of watch. I was primarily looking for a bold, blue watch and the tritium was a nice little bonus. And the yellow accents were cool. Ultimately the price killed it. I believe I paid about $350 for it. But I was set on getting the blue dial and that was the cheapest it was available. The bezel was crap. The plastic (carbon reinforced resin blah blah blah) bezel just brought the whole watch down, which was a shame considering the case was steel. So I ended up returning it. And after owning some other tritium watches, I'd say it was a $100 - $150 watch at most. And you could get the black dial versions for those prices.

But I've gone onto own and sell a Luminox Recon and Dress Field.

These watches were much better watches than the Traser. The Recon had a plastic (carbon reinforced resin blah blah blah) bezel and case and I can came to appreciate it - I beat the crap out of it and it still looked new. But the watch was also like $100 or so. And the Dress Field was all stainless steel with a screw-down crown and awesome dial texturing and detail.

Now I have an Armourlite Isobrite with T100 tubes and it's pretty sweet. And it was like $150 or so.

I do have to say some Traser offerings have looked pretty cool. I like the Aurora and the mix of tritium and lume they've been using. But outside of that, I think they're falling behind. I really like the new Luminox 3600 and think they are leading the pack in terms of quartz, tritium, in-your-face watches.

"Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

I got mine on a pretty decent sale from MSRP, or I probably wouldn't have done it. I think I paid around $300. I don't do "in your face" watches like Brandon mentioned, and I have no experience with resin bezels, so I can't comment on those aspects. Balls all seem to big to me. Luminox too in your face. Traser was a good fit for me to try tritium.

I will say the PVD is not impregnable. Again, not an issue for me. It's a bit thin on the corners, but I kind of like that look. When I want tough, pure black, my Damasko fits the bill for that.
    brandon\ likes this.

I’ve come so close to buying a Luminox a few times but with 6.75” wrists, they are too big. Marathon seems tempting as well. Thanks for the reviews guys. I hope more chime in

These are the two I've owned, the Jungmeister I moved on (a friend loved it so I gave it him for a birthday gift), but I've still got the chronograph. It's had 4 batteries in ten years, and the tritium tubes still glow pretty strongly. I first heard of Traser when they featured in Andy McNab's SAS thrillers back in the day, an early piece of product placement.
    Attached Images Attached Images

The road of excess leads to the palace of wisdom

Quote Originally Posted by Earthbound View Post
    I’ve come so close to buying a Luminox a few times but with 6.75” wrists, they are too big. Marathon seems tempting as well. Thanks for the reviews guys. I hope more chime in
    If you're looking for tritium, Marathon is your jam. The General Purpose/Navigator and medium/midsize SAR are pretty sweet.

Earthbound and Servus like this.
    "Oh, nice. So now we're quoting other people to sound deep." -alx007

I’ve had a lot of traser watches. I’m especially fond of the older models. The titanium commander and black storm pro. These are the only ones I still have in my collection. I love how thin and compact they are. I agree with the above recommendation on the new marathon navigator too. I just picked that one up. Awesome watch. I did a review on the traser survivor a while back too(linked below). Photobucket has held the photos hostage unfortunately.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f7/tra...w-2986122.html

Name:  E8065F15-871F-4F9E-83BE-B9E0EBFFC7B9.jpeg
Views: 113
Size:  1.28 MB
    C

"Advertising has us chasing cars and clothes, working jobs we hate, so we can buy [email protected]# we don't need" - Tyler Durden

"I have beaters for my beaters" -Me

Traser makes some of the best looking field watches imho.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information