Interested in Traser watch
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Kilovolt

Thread: Interested in Traser watch

Interested in Traser watch

Hi all,
    New to forum and to chronograph watches with Swiss Parts.
    After much research, I'm interested in a particular watch from Traser.
    The specific model is the T4004 but with the blue Tritium illumination instead of the green. I'm fine with the black stainless but wondering if it comes in silver as well? All I could find on Google is the black.
    Any feedback and help is appreciated.
    Thanks
    --mike
    Last edited by pookieguy; October 19th, 2014 at 06:49.

Re: Interested in Traser watch

I was surpised in seeing that the first Traser T4004 that appears on a Google image search is my watch!

Name:  CIMG2339a.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  173.9 KB

I have had this watch for a number of years now (5/6) and it never missed a beat, it's quite easily read in the darkness (green trits).

Traser has also a titanium version with blue trists that is very nice while the silver steel version is no longer available:

Name:  Cattura traser.JPG
Views: 200
Size:  45.4 KB

BTW: welcome to the forum!
    tanatron and lvt like this.

Thanks for the reply.
    You know how many times I came across that very picture while doing my research online? Lol. Was one that drew me to it even more. Thanks for posting it.

Yes, was searching more online and did find that nice titanium model but the issue for me is the overall size. I got really small wrists so when I saw the T4004 specs showed dial at 40mm, I was pretty much sold.

The titanium model appears to be much larger at 46mm so that would not work for me.

Again, I'm new to watches and one who will not spend a ridiculously amount of money on one but will not settle for a cheap one either. Right now, I only have two watches in mind, this nice Traser or an Invicta python. As a gun enthusiast, the tritium illumination really drew me to the Traser over the Invicta and appears to be a much higher quality watch.

I take it you recommend it then? Is it a decent size for smaller wrists?

Thanks again
    --mike

First of all you should check again, the titanium version has a diameter of 40 mm like the Big Date: traserĀ® H3 more light watches | Classic Chronograph Titan Blue

A 40 mm chrono is the ideal size for a small wrist but please consider that the black one at 163 grams is rather heavy while the titanium version is considerably lighter (103 g)

For this reason I would recommend the titanium watch to a man with skinny arms. Apart from that Traser use Ronda Swiss movements that are fully reliable and yu can expect years of good service.

Thanks. The Titanium looks pretty nice but unfortunately, it way more expensive and not an option due to price.

It the black so heavy that it is uncomfortable to wear to work daily? I don't see any other option out there like this, especially with a smaller 40mm dial.

Thanks,
    --mike

Quote Originally Posted by pookieguy View Post
    Thanks. The Titanium looks pretty nice but unfortunately, it way more expensive and not an option due to price.

It the black so heavy that it is uncomfortable to wear to work daily? I don't see any other option out there like this, especially with a smaller 40mm dial.

Thanks,
    --mike

For me (7.5" wrist) 165 grams is still within acceptable limits but I suggest you try on a watch with that kind of weight and a bracelet to check whether you are comfortable. You must know somebody with a heavy watch who can let you try it on or you can tape some coins over your own watch to reach the weight.

Please bear in mind that in case the watch with a steel bracelet is really too heavy for you it is always possible at any time to switch to a strap (leather, rubber, canvas) and thus cut the total weight nearly by half.

Thread Information