HY Moser and Cie vintage signal corps ww1 watch

Thread: HY Moser and Cie vintage signal corps ww1 watch

Confused HY Moser and Cie vintage signal corps ww1 watch

Hi this is my first thread, happy new year all.
    Can anyone help me I bought the attached watch on EBay for hubby for Christmas, now not sure if it is all ORIGINAL ?in hindsight did they make for the american market? being a russian Co. Does anyone know how I can trace the number printed on reverse? no experience of any vintage watches just liked the look of it, unfortunately my husband does'nt at the moment feel a little deflated
    Attached Images Attached Images

Jim

Re: HY Moser and Cie vintage signal corps ww1 watch

Quote Originally Posted by mamo View Post
    Hi this is my first thread, happy new year all.
    Can anyone help me I bought the attached watch on EBay for hubby for Christmas, now not sure if it is all ORIGINAL ?in hindsight did they make for the american market? being a russian Co. Does anyone know how I can trace the number printed on reverse? no experience of any vintage watches just liked the look of it, unfortunately my husband does'nt at the moment feel a little deflated
    If you bought this watch from the guy in Ukrane its a fake. There is a guy there repainting pocket watch dials with "Signal Corps". Problem is The US Signal Corps only ever ordered 35mm wrist watches during WWI. The pocket watch sized so-called wrist watches are fakes. I have reported the guy to eBay but ofcourse they have done nothing.
    Jenny Caribbean

Thread Information