My watches

Thread: My watches

My watches

Hello from Moscow. New to the forums. Wanted to post a few pics of my watches. I am not a collector per se, but I do love (most of) my watches.

Name:  My watches.jpg
Views: 929
Size:  57.6 KB
    Left to right: Alexander Julian pocketwatch with Japanese movement; my Citizen Eco-Drive (G431) that refuses to recharge; Aviator 26669-2155433; some sort of Raketa?
    Name:  Raketa.jpg
Views: 1241
Size:  84.4 KB
    I got this watch about a year ago at Izmailovo "flea market" in Moscow. There is a woman there on weekends that buys old Soviet watches and replaces the movements. I knew nothing about watches then so have no inkling of what's inside. I love the look and it always works. It keeps time for about 24 hours. When I bought the Aviator (at an AD here in Moscow), the woman saw this watch and said, "Oh, a Raketa!" I was too excited about the Aviator to ask her about this one!
    Name:  26669.jpg
Views: 783
Size:  87.4 KB
    Name:  26669 back.jpg
Views: 770
Size:  70.2 KB
    This Aviator I'll wear on my wrist for the foreseeable future. I'll not be buying a lot of watches, but if I do buy another one, it'll be a Sturmanskie, hopefully the 2609/1701695.

Cheers from Moscow,
    Mike
    Last edited by mjtyson; April 2nd, 2011 at 15:13. Reason: because the letter 'e' sticks...

Re: My watches

Welcome to WUS, Mike

Nice watches I especially like the Aviator
    My YouTube channel | My ImageShack gallery

MY COLLECTION :
    Swiss : FAVRE LEUBA | FORTIS | GIRARD-PERREGAUX | JAQUET+GIRARD | LONGINES | OMEGA | TISSOT | TITUS | ZENITH
    Japanese : CASIO | CITIZEN | ORIENT | SEIKO
    Russian : POLJOT | RAKETA | SLAVA | STURMANSKIE | VOSTOK | VOSTOK EUROPE | ZVEZDA
    French : AVYSTYLE | HERMA | LIP | YEMA | YONGER & BRESSON
    German : AEROMATIC | GLASHÜTTE | TAUCHMEISTER
    Chinese : ALPHA | ARMIDA | BEIJING | FINËAT | JARAGAR | KASSAW | OHSEN | PARNIS | SANGDO | SEKARO | SMAEL | STEWAL | WINNER

The first one is almost certainly a Raketa. It looks like it says "Peterhof" on the dial, and the "270," I would be willing to bet, is a reference to the 270th anniversary of the founding of the Petrodvoretz Watch Factory, in 1721. Those are themes that only Raketa would use.

Seiko
    5 Military Automatic SNK803K2 * Wenger Standard Issue XL * Raketa "Polar Bear" cal. 2609.NA
    Vostok Amphibia automatic, 31j * Vostok Amphibia сделано в СССР, manual-wind
    Vostok
    Komandirskie ЗАКАЗ МО СССР, manual-wind * Vostok Komandirskie Submarine Commander, manual-wind

Vostok
    Komandirskie 1945-1995 commemorative, manual-wind *
    Vostok 5/6 1963-2013 commemorative Amphibia
    Moscow Classic Navigator, 3602/03111102, Molnija 3602

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by pyjujiop View Post
    The first one is almost certainly a Raketa. It looks like it says "Peterhof" on the dial, and the "270," I would be willing to bet, is a reference to the 270th anniversary of the founding of the Petrodvoretz Watch Factory, in 1721. Those are themes that only Raketa would use.
    It certainly is celebrating the 270th anniversary. I just don't see Raketa anywhere, but that's why I ask you guys. You're the experts!
    Thanks for the comments you guys.

Thread Information