newbie's growing collection

Thread: newbie's growing collection

newbie's growing collection

Have aquired these watches over the past couple of weeks and would be glad of any opinions from those more knowledgeable than myself.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: newbie's growing collection

Since you asked - my opinion is that this is a pretty eclectic mix. Does your collecting have a theme? Auto, manual, quartz, unusual, old, diver, dressy, factory?

When I started collecting I'd buy a watch - then think about what appealed to me about that watch and let that dictate where I went next.

Just my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by watch22 View Post
    Since you asked - my opinion is that this is a pretty eclectic mix. Does your collecting have a theme? Auto, manual, quartz, unusual, old, diver, dressy, factory?

When I started collecting I'd buy a watch - then think about what appealed to me about that watch and let that dictate where I went next.

Just my opinion.
    Hi! No theme, just a mixed bag of whatever takes my fancy. I came accross the burgundy Slava by accident on Ebay when I was looking for a new watch (at the time I wasn't particularly interested in watches from Soviet Union) fell in love with the look, style and the fact that it was from a different time and place. Thought I might like to collect as many variants as possible, hence the blue Slava. The Chaika Stadium because it is such an eccentric looking watch and the Sekonda and Vostok because they were at a flea market and silly cheap!!
    Happy with my eclectic mix and like to be able to add watches that I like, rather than restrict myself to a set theme.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I love that green Kama. Ive never been to what was the Old Soviet Union, but have been in Czechoslovakia and Hungary under the old regimes. Its design really reminds me of some of their weirder design sense, like in the Prague Metro. They were like Space Stations. Im assuming its not mechanical, but battery operated? Dont know if Id wear it though. I agree with you to a point about themes. I prefer round steel watches, but I like diversity and finding Russian watches recently, really gave me a whole new world to explore. Thanks for this forum folks.
    P.+ P.

Quote Originally Posted by parrotandpitbull View Post
    I love that green Kama. Ive never been to what was the Old Soviet Union, but have been in Czechoslovakia and Hungary under the old regimes. Its design really reminds me of some of their weirder design sense, like in the Prague Metro. They were like Space Stations. Im assuming its not mechanical, but battery operated? Dont know if Id wear it though. I agree with you to a point about themes. I prefer round steel watches, but I like diversity and finding Russian watches recently, really gave me a whole new world to explore. Thanks for this forum folks.
    P.+ P.
    Hi P.+P! The green one is a Chaika and yes it is mechanical and automatic. As far as wearing it, I do so with pride as I do with all my watches.

Thread Information