Ussr divers chronograph- vintage- is it authentic

Thread: Ussr divers chronograph- vintage- is it authentic

Ussr divers chronograph- vintage- is it authentic

Hi, I have recently become interested in Russian vintage watches and I've just bought one on EBay. It is described as a USSR navy chronograph and is allegedly a divers watch from the 1960s. I know very little about it and I am concerned that it may not be authentic. The watch was really inexpensive but of course I only got a bargain if it is a genuine item!! I have attached photos and would really value your opinions.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Ussr divers chronograph- vintage- is it authentic

I am not a complete expert but there are a few things wrong. The biggest being the dial which is incorrect. It is some kind of franken watch, probably meant to look like the okeah or other sturmanskies that used that case style and similar dials. The dials says "Captain".

It is NOT a diver don't go diving with it.

There are variations but the closest correct example from Mark Gordons site

Last edited by cavallino33; August 5th, 2010 at 20:46.
    Buran Siberia (x2 black and white), Aviator Chrono II (poljot31681), Ferrari Jumbo Pit Crew,Alpha Jump Hour, MZI Skeleton, MKII Stingray,Elgin 18s,Agat stopwatch, Sturmanskie Sputnik,Raketa Pilot, Poljot Traveller,Tscheljabinsk military clock, Kirovskie Crab, Vostok Amphibia (tank dial), 3133 Strela replica, Alpha Jumphour Tank,Denissov Barracuda 31681,Laco B-Uhr type B, Stowa Antea KS

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cavallino33

Quote Originally Posted by cavallino33 View Post
    I am not a complete expert but there are a few things wrong. The biggest being the dial which is incorrect. It is some kind of franken watch, probably meant to look like the okeah or other sturmanskies that used that case style and similar dials. The dials says "Captain".

It is NOT a diver don't go diving with it.

There are variations but the closest correct example from Mark Gordons site

Thanks for this interesting information. Does anyone else have anything to add? Can anyone translate the writing on back of watch. Many thanks as these Russian watches are new to me.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Confused Re: Ussr divers chronograph- vintage- is it authentic

Quote Originally Posted by carsul View Post
    Thanks for this interesting information. Does anyone else have anything to add? Can anyone translate the writing on back of watch. Many thanks as these Russian watches are new to me.
    I've had a look at the watch from Mark Gordon's site kindly provided by Cavallino 33. In particular I've compared the cases and the mechanisms between his watch and mine. The resemblance is very strong- to my untrained eye. Now I'm really interested in getting more info on my purchase!!! Thanks guys.

Hi All,

I think this is a legit Poljot 3133 variant produced in the 1980s/early 1990s?

Check out page 5 via the link below (pics from the site also attached)

http://www.russian-watches.be/pictures/index.php?album=%2FPoljot%2FChronometer%2F3133%202 3j

Cheers,

Marc One
    Attached Images Attached Images

Perhaps I stand corrected the dial made me suspicious but I could be wrong.

You might want to post this in the main russian watch forum instead of images to get more responses. I'm really curious now.
    Buran Siberia (x2 black and white), Aviator Chrono II (poljot31681), Ferrari Jumbo Pit Crew,Alpha Jump Hour, MZI Skeleton, MKII Stingray,Elgin 18s,Agat stopwatch, Sturmanskie Sputnik,Raketa Pilot, Poljot Traveller,Tscheljabinsk military clock, Kirovskie Crab, Vostok Amphibia (tank dial), 3133 Strela replica, Alpha Jumphour Tank,Denissov Barracuda 31681,Laco B-Uhr type B, Stowa Antea KS

Pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/cavallino33

Thanks guys you have been very helpful. I'm going to post the item on the main Russian watch site. I am even more curious now!

While not a diving watch, it's a legitimate Poljot 3133 Chronograph. It's in the in the Levenberg book. There was a period in the late 80s - early 90s when Poljot made several dial variations for the square case 3133 with different images (submarines, red stars, even one w/ Stalin on it). This was around the same time Vostok put similar images on the Komandirskies and Amphibias, but while these images became iconic on Vostoks, they fell out of favor with the higher-end 3133 Poljot chronographs.

Poljots like this were somewhat common in the 90s, but they seem to be quite scarce today. Hold onto it -- it's a great watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mike View Post
    While not a diving watch, it's a legitimate Poljot 3133 Chronograph. It's in the in the Levenberg book. There was a period in the late 80s - early 90s when Poljot made several dial variations for the square case 3133 with different images (submarines, red stars, even one w/ Stalin on it). This was around the same time Vostok put similar images on the Komandirskies and Amphibias, but while these images became iconic on Vostoks, they fell out of favor with the higher-end 3133 Poljot chronographs.

Poljots like this were somewhat common in the 90s, but they seem to be quite scarce today. Hold onto it -- it's a great watch!
    Thanks Mister Mike. I really like the watch and will wear it with pleasure.:thanks

Thread Information