omega pocket watch conversion

Thread: omega pocket watch conversion

omega pocket watch conversion

I purchased this watch from Brazil about 6 months ago it was converted there and belived to be 1923/24 acording to the serial numbers.
    when i recived it i was amazed at the condition it has a totaly unblemished porcelain dial, it need lifting with somthing like a new strap or two, new buckles maybe, because of the size 50mm it needed somthing chunky in size for the buckle, after looking around i bought a graham deployant buckle, this did not suit the watch at all so i looked around and decided to get pam deployant one s/s and one brushed.

Next problem was to find the straps, this was a mine feild but i finally found a watchstrap maker in the usa (zack), what a guy this man is he has the patience of a saint and the craftmanship to go with it, after many emails and discusion zack made me these two straps and sourced the deployant buckles for me,.
    when i got the straps from zack the next problem i had was to find an engraver to do the logos on the buckles, i found one local to where i live and off they went to get done.

The final step was to find a box to put it all in, I found this one in Germany it was not cheap but man o man its stunning so its finally finished.
    This one is a keeper for sure
    on to the pics

any thoughts on how it turned out and colour choices for the straps all comments welcome

Re: omega pocket watch conversion

This must look superb on the wrist - could you give us some shots?

Both straps are wonderful - the light strap is my definite favourite. The deployant clasp is a great detail too!

How does one go about making a conversion like this??
    Harry, Denmark

"That a wristwatch is a small celestial theater. It is a small sky. A device for the measure of shadows." - Gabriel Gudding

Seiko 7549-7010 vintage 300m Tuna / Seiko 6309-7040 vintage 150m diver(s) / Citizen Nighthawk GMT / 1964 Seiko Seikomatic / 1964 Seiko Seikomatic Weekdater

here are a couple of shots not very good

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

this is so cool can i ask u a question? how much does it cost it including the strap??

Awesome, a real classy item you have there. The straps are beautifull to.

Thread Information