WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Straps for the Speedmaster Professional

590K views 526 replies 244 participants last post by  BelgianR26 
#1 · (Edited)
First and foremost, we have the (in)famous "smurf" blue:

<|

Don't anyone dare do this to their Speedy!

BTW, I did not buy this strap. Somehow it crawled into the box with a strap I had ordered. The seller refused to let me return it.

Hey, Bob, it might look good on your white dialed Seamaster GMT. Make me an offer.

John

See less See more
#56 · (Edited)
Looks....................BLUE John ;-)

Here is the double ridged shark and the 16mm deployant from Omega

Cheers Jon
nic 1 too jon !
your picture made me spent $$$ :) well spent have to say, i just installed the same strap as you in your pic ! in my case it is the Broad Arrow.
i was wondering if you use special spring bars (which ones do you have mounted?) because there is a lot of discussions about whether the spring bars are different for bracelet as for leather...
regards

#7 ·

I acquired this strap from a WIS who custom ordered it for his silver dialed AT. It was made to the same dimensions of the Omega 20/18 deployant straps but the watch was sold without the strap ever being worn.

The strap is very nicely made and of good quality but I'm not sure this one is for me. :-S

John

#10 ·
John,

Like Indiana Jones, I hate snakes. :-D

Anyway, I bought myself a 20mm Hirsch 'carbon fibre look' strap which I think would look cool on the Speedy Pro. Problem is I still haven't got around to changing it after a month. The strap is still in its wrapping. :)

#14 ·
I find the omega deployment buckles poorly designed , they seem to pop open very easily.

A real Catch 22 situation , as I find the look terrific.

Anyone else have this experience ?

#37 ·
Then here is PW1 on the "killer strap"; a black Omega double-ridged shark with two-button Omega deployant ... Fr. John+
Hi, I came across this forum while carrying out extensive search for THE perfect strap for my speedy pro (3573.50). It originally came with the standard bracelet but I now prefer the non-metal straps.

After studying this thread I'm really set on the curved-end straps that thicken up at the lug end and just seem to fit the speedy so well. There are beautiful pics of the doubled ridged black shark (Jon & jmsrolls), the black alligator (jmsrolls), the brown alligator (john wilson) and the racing strap with holes (jmsrolls).

I've had a look http://www.ofrei.com/page760.html, but I can only find one of these 'curved-end thick at the lug' straps ... which is the racing style with holes. (There is a shark double ridged, but this looks thin/straight at the lugs?). Never imagined there would be so many straps ... !

So, could you tell me where you got your straps from + how much they cost? I've got the 18mm Omega deployment clasp, will this fit?

cheers v much.

#154 ·
I saw a youtube video with this combo and absoltely fell in love with it...super nice

#26 ·
Hi,

this is my first Omega, I am very interested in flight/military/NASA watches.

After seeing Speedmasters with leather straps I realised that many of them actually look better than the SS bands, they tend to highlight the watch itself and it's qualities.

After searching for a strap that would suit my wrist and choice of style and colour I chose a US made Hadley Roma MS886 in matt green........ I love it!

I think it gives it a little military/ready for use look too.
Should I buy an Omega 18mm SS buckle for it?

cheers,

-Flightpath

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.