WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Any watch with fixed lugs?

19K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  cybercat 
#1 ·
Do you know if any watch currently made with fixed lugs and only for Natos? Something like 5517?

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Hi there Maxy,
Have a look at the CWC RN diver from Silvermans. They have fixed lugs in both quartz and automatic versions. I've included pics of both because pics are always better.
You can find a half dozen or more micro brands (Zixen, Zinex, Helson, Armida, Halios, Obris Morgan, and/or others) that will have screwed bars that are nearly as solid (or more so) as options. I also have a Wenger 1000m diver Aquagraph Deep Diver or some such name that has solid, but screwed in lugs. Here's a pic of it too.

Regards,

Jeff

Pics of the Obris Morgan Pradata lugs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#9 ·
Hi there Maxy,
Have a look at the CWC RN diver from Silvermans. They have fixed lugs in both quartz and automatic versions. I've included pics of both because pics are always better.
You can find a half dozen or more micro brands (Zixen, Zinex, Helson, Armida, Halios, Obris Morgan, and/or others) that will have screwed bars that are nearly as solid (or more so) as options. I also have a Wenger 1000m diver Aquagraph Deep Diver or some such name that has solid, but screwed in lugs. Here's a pic of it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, love that CWC RN but I didn't expect them to be expensive.

#4 ·
If you have fixed lugs, do you need a Nato strap? I think you could get away with just a single layer strap at that point, though Natos are more common.

#6 ·
Well the lugs themselves are, yes. What's being discussed is sometimes called fixed springbars too (which is more descriptive) but some watches don't have anything like a springbar, like the Smiths above.

Either way, the gist is that you can't change straps unless the straps slide out or can otherwise be unhooked from the bar. The point of a Nato strap was that if you had a springbar failure - a break or if it just came out - the watch was still hooked by the strap and the other bar and would stay on your wrist.

With fixed bars, you don't really need that feature of the Nato, unless you're still worried about the fixed bar breaking, which seems pretty extreme.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.