WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Is it possible to accidentaly fry a digital casio when replacing the battery?

1K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  oms 
#1 ·
So I took my DW 8400 today for a battery change since it was getting a bit weak. After the fresh battery was installed the watch didn't want to work. I read the how to change a battery on a G-shock sticky and was wondering if it only needs a reset ( going back to the shop tomorrow and will have them do it just in case). I was under the impression though that by just changing the battery the watch should start up again or am I wrong? I hope my watch didn't get fried as I really like it and finances are a bit tight at the moment for a replacement.

#3 ·
Thanks, Will go back tomorrow and try it out. Hopefully all will be good afterwards. Since this watch tends to use a battery every year it's probably time to start saving up for a solar powered new watch. I prob will have to switch to a non -G shock analogue watch to be more acceptable to wear for work but I will miss the toughness of the G-shock (Mine actually is not in good shape and I haven't been overly aggressive or anything) and some features of the digital world.

#5 ·
Probably need a dressy watch actually. I was doing a practice interview once and it was pointed out to me how big/ugly my watch was (was in a suit at the time) and I shouldn't wear it when meeting people. I personally just love G-shock watches but need to do research on toughness and features of more dressy watches. I am sure casio or someone else has thought of people in my position and designed something for them. I haven't seen it in person but that Casio Giez looks good in my opinion.

#6 ·
i am still deciding whether to sent one of my g shock to get a replacement battery since it has stop working. The problem of having too many watches are that you cant wear all of them. lolx

#8 ·
Luckily ( or unlikily) for me I have only 1 watch which I wear all the time so I tend to be watch dependant. My hand feels so naked without it and its only been a couple of hours....

You know what? I think that might just be perfect for me, I was thinking of looking at citizens or seiko's for the more classical look but I really like that linup. Now to see if it comes with EL lighting as well :)

#13 ·
Good news, it's up and running again

So I was very happy when I went in today and the watch was up and running again after an all clear. It's prob time to save up for a new classier watch though but seeing how much damage my G-shock got just from normal day to day life I have to be wise in my choice. I have a feeling that the reason it fell apart might be because it's fake (It doesn't have mudman written on it) even though I bought it from a supposed casio dealership.

First pic is borrowed from another forum user, rest are my actual watch from my crappy cellphone cam.

Attachments

#14 ·
Looks genuine to me. Mine doesn't say Mudman on it either.

You need a new bezel!!!!! What on earth happened to it?? I hope your wrist escaped whatever caused that without injury.

You can't go far wrong with a Seiko if you want a slightly dressier, but still tough, watch.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.