WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Vintage chronographs made in USA?

784 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Eeeb 
#1 ·
After years of Seiko collecting, I am branching out. I am interested in vintage, preferably automatic chronographs with a strong US connection. Gallet and Bulova of course come to mind, but as far as I can tell, neither were made in the US. Hamilton comes to mind as well, and I'm less sure about where their watches were made. Does anyone know where these watches were made, or other chronographs that were made in the US?

Thanks,
/K

#3 ·
When I first read this post I tought of the Hamilton model 23 but the more I read it souned like you wanted to know about wrist watch chronograph by the name's of the other brand's you talked about and a automatic chronograph I mite be wrong but I don't think the USA made any wrist watch crono's? Hamilton is now swiss and if you see one it's probly a swiss one.Here is a Hamilton Model 23 most call it a chonometer but the military and Hamilton called it a Model 23 navigational stop watch it was used by the US Army Air Corps in WW2 for navigation and was atached to a Mark III Mod 6,Octant.

#4 ·
I think Bulova made a single pusher chrono... It was mentioned in a post here within the last year. But 20 minutes of searching can't find it... maybe it is a false memory??

#5 · (Edited)
I think Bulova made a single pusher chrono... It was mentioned in a post here within the last year. But 20 minutes of searching can't find it... maybe it is a false memory??
Hey Eeeb I looked in the price guide to watches and you are right there is a few Bulova chrono's one's a one button 17 jewel chrono cir 1947,the other chrono diver 17 jewel rated at 660 feet cir 1972 they both mite be swiss since it was a swiss \ usa company.

#6 ·
Agree any chronographs sold by Bulova are likely to be Swiss. Chronographs were not a major product of any USA manufacturer and aside from the military ones I haven't seen any at all.

#7 ·
Ah, well, not a false memory. I am fairly sure the 72 is Swiss... probably a 'bullhead'. I suspect the 47 was made in USA (a small town outside Hangchow :) )

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.