WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

All digital squares for a large wrist?

2K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  VR16710 
#1 ·
As the title says I'm trying to sort out my options for an all digital square G-shock. I currently have a GWM-5610-1 but the band is really too small for me. It will fit but it's rather uncomfortable which is unfortunate because I keep coming across all sorts of variants of the 5600's that I really really like.
I saw some threads about the GX(W)56's which look promising other than they seem really pricey, $200-300+ range. I wonder if they've been discontinued? I think the X signifies large. I'm not necessarily looking for a huge face or watch, just a bigger band. Of the 3 Casios I currently own, (not including the G-7900 which is on the way), the G7710-C fits me the best, very comfortable followed by the AWGM100F-1C and then the 5610. I can tell the 7710 is going to be my go to because of the fit and I love the all digital but I'd still enjoy looking into a square for my meager collection.
Suggestions?

PS - my wrist is 8.25" - 8.5"

#4 ·
Re: Any digital squares for a large wrist?

If you really like the 5600 style and your problem is only with the band, you might switch to nato style strap using strap adapters and i believe it will fit more comfortably and you will have plenty of length on the strap itself.

#7 ·

After focusing so much on the G-shocks I often forget about all the other Casios, that AE1200 is interesting but I do kind of like the Gshocks.

I've spent hours searching around and it does seem that the 5600 variants are about the only square option in the Gshocks, so as some of the posters stated it's get a new strap or move on to others.

Thanks for the feedback, love this forum!

#8 ·

I think the GW-5500/DW-5500/DW-D5500 would do fine. I also believe that the strap used on the G(W)-9200 and the G(W)-9110 is somewhat longer than most, and very comfy too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.