WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

New LeCoultre Master Mariner and I'm Thrilled

2K views 10 replies 10 participants last post by  ptkim 
#1 ·
I started collecting LeCoultre vintage watches a few months ago and today received a Master Mariner. It has a 481 bumper movement that is in pristine shape and my watchmaker said it doesn't need a service yet. It is 34.5mm w/o crown and has a power reserve indicator from 0-40. The case is 14k and is in mint condition as is the dial and the crown. It also came with the Master Mariner box and LeCoultre strap. The buckle says 1/20 12KGF and might be the only part not original. My watchmaker and I think it is all original but if anyone sees something that leads them to believe it is not I would appreciate hearing it.

Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Watch Analog watch Watch accessory Fashion accessory Jewellery
Analog watch Watch accessory Watch Strap Fashion accessory
Strap Metal Fashion accessory Watch Belt
Watch Khaki Strap Fashion accessory Metal
Metal
Buckle Bag Fashion accessory Baggage Zipper
Box
Box Engagement ring Metal

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Gorgeous watch. And the buckle... Who cares about buckles? Hell, if I had a watch like that, the buckle would be the last thing I'd mind, should I mind it at all.
Truth be told, I always associated the power reserve window with the Powermatic, but since I see no evidence of redialling, and I have seen Master Mariner specimens with this feature, I assume that the watch is fully original, and that said- a great find. A clean, simple and elegant design.
Once again, a brilliant piece.

#7 · (Edited)
LeCoultre signed buckles turn up on eBay from time to time. Generally, they are 13mm or 14mm and gold filled. They made 14K gold versions, but they are very rare. I'm not sure that all 14K LeCoultre watches had 14K buckles.

Vintage Jaeger LeCoultre Men Watch Strap Rose Gold Heavy Electroplated Buckle | eBay

I said they were avaliable. I didn't say they were cheap! At least you can see what these look like from the listing.

However, it is possible that your buckle is original. These were US made under license. There were indentical Longines and Hamilton buckles. You cannot tell the difference from the top. ]

Very nice Master Mariner. Hope this helps,
gatorcpa

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.