WatchUSeek Watch Forums banner

Badly refurbished(?) Guardian Angel on eBay

851 views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  zaphod 
#1 ·
#2 ·
It looks like the 5th button has been bumped agains anything or so. The BIN price is axactly double the price I bought for a better looking oneless than a year ago. If I'm right at that time the prices of this model were somewhere between $150,- and $225,- on Yahoo Japan. the top lettering doesn't also indeed look painted very well.

Check out my refurbished lettering (both red and white) on a DW-8300 Heavy Metal:

Cheers,

Sjors

#4 ·
Hi Sjors,
love your 8300, I have finally found one for myself and it's on the way from austria at the moment. :-!

Very good repainting, how did you do it exactly?

cheers
zaphod

#7 ·
Hi Guys,

I didn't know that you would be so much interested in this. I use this kind of paint. It's called Enamel in English and you buy it in scale model and toy shops.

I fill the lettering of the bezel carefully with a very small paint brush. The excess of paint I wipe of with a tissue with a little bit terpentine (mild paint remover). It gave me suprisingly very neat results (I'm known for my clumbsyness with paint actually here).

Cheers,

Sjors

#9 ·
Sjors said:
I fill the lettering of the bezel carefully with a very small paint brush. The excess of paint I wipe of with a tissue with a little bit terpentine (mild paint remover). It gave me suprisingly very neat results (I'm known for my clumbsyness with paint actually here).
Cool, thank you! :-!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.